Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Justin,
Keep us informed. Let us know what the results of your appointments. Hopefully you won't have to join our club!

Lynne

>Wow! You bench pressed 300 lbs and you only weigh 170 lbs? I wouldn't be too scared at this point. There are members here who can't lift 30 lbs. Hope your 1st neuro appointment relieves your anxiety.

Id kill to lift 30 lbs again-I cant lift a 4 lb laptop

Hi everyone my name is brandon im 27 and my intention is not to offend anybody cause what i learned about als is not a joke and it is to be treated with respect for the people that suffer from it , so im so scared i have als it all started about 7 weeks ago i was getting reall dizzy not like a vertigo but like a spaced out heavy head feeling like i wasint in my body and then i had been googling als and i started to feel more then dizzy my left leg was feeling weak and my calfs on both legs were so sore for days and i hadent been even doin nothing but laying on the couch then my left leg was getting weak and then it would switch the next day to my right leg and then my arms were getting heavy one day right next day left it comes and goes but both legs never stop feeling this way one day its right thats weak then its left so idk i have a had twitching but really minor no cramps no slurred speech no swallowing problems just feeling like food never goes down all the way

Hi everyone my name is brandon im 27 and my intention is not to offend anybody cause what i learned about als is not a joke and it is to be treated with respect for the people that suffer from it , so im so scared i have als it all started about 7 weeks ago i was getting reall dizzy not like a vertigo but like a spaced out heavy head feeling like i wasint in my body and then i had been googling als and i started to feel more then dizzy my left leg was feeling weak and my calfs on both legs were so sore for days and i hadent been even doin nothing but laying on the couch then my left leg was getting weak and then it would switch the next day to my right leg and then my arms were getting heavy one day right next day left it comes and goes but both legs never stop feeling this way one day its right thats weak then its left so idk i have a had twitching but really minor no cramps no slurred speech no swallowing problems just feeling like food never goes down all the way

Hi Brandon,
First, you don't have ALS. Nothing you wrote sounds anything like ALS.
dizzy, spaced out, heavy head, feeling weak, sore calves, and heavy arms have nothing to do with ALS. Twitches can be anything.
Second, these feelings are a good sign: ALS doesn't have the "feelings" that you describe
Glad to see you don't have ALS. I understand you are worried about it, but since you don't have it, you would be better served by going to a website that deals with healthcare worries.

> I understand you are worried about it, but since you don't have it, you would be better served by going to a website that deals with healthcare worries.

Mike, you need to write a primer on patience and kindness. keep it short sso I can read it daily :)!

Just an observation! Noticed our forum "tough guys" have been much softer, kinder in responding to worried young people! Know it taxes your patience when you have to respond over and over, but you are doing a great job of allaying fears while getting the point across. Thanks for taking the time to gently guide these stressed out kids! Hugs to all of you. Donna

Donna, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Harumph!

:)

The mild flames from Nikki (I think) might have had something to do with it...

>The mild flames from Nikki (I think) might have had something to do with it...

Ditto that!

You don't mean you guys actually listen to me?! Wow! I am impressed!

We ALWAYS listen to you!

(You who holds the ban button. ;} )

And here I was thinking it was my power of sweet persuasion! Oh well.....

no mum you just scare the pants off us .... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back