We are a volunteer-driven online community that originated in 2003. We are a resource for anyone affected by ALS and MND. We are a community of like-minded and compassionate individuals. Together we are the ALS Forum and together we build this online resource and online community.
Your ALS community and support group
The ALS support and MND help forums are here for individuals like yourself - people impacted by ALS and MND, whether you're a caregiver, patient, friend, or family member.
Our community consists of individuals working together; exchanging information, providing moral support, caregiver support and general help with ALS - together we cope with ALS, make friends, and help one another support those with ALS.
We encourage you to join our support group to ask questions, get help with ALS, and to share experiences.
Remember, you're not alone, chat about your journey with ALS with people that understand and have experience with this deadly disease.
Together we provide hope, information, support, help, and friendship. ALS support staff, individuals, mothers, daughters, brothers, sisters, patients, caregivers and friends alike.
We've already made a big difference, help us do even better by joining and getting involved today.
Join our community
ALSforum is a support group to help people deal with the daily living issues associated with ALS. The ALS forum will connect you with people that can provide answers, support and help with ALS. We invite you to join our community.
Recent member blogs
The following bloggers are from our online community. If you'd like to post a blog feel free to participate. We'd love to hear from you.
20 most recent forum discussions
- Atrophy (2 hours ago, 13 views, 0 replies)
- Sister with als' (4 hours ago, 37 views, 1 replies)
- Worried... (11 hours ago, 96 views, 3 replies)
- Husband given prelim diagnosis (13 hours ago, 131 views, 7 replies)
- Peg tube coming out (14 hours ago, 92 views, 4 replies)
- New here, not new to ALS (15 hours ago, 107 views, 4 replies)
- need some help please, opinion. (15 hours ago, 104 views, 2 replies)
- Would like opinions and or advice on Lunasin trial (16 hours ago, 100 views, 7 replies)
- Charlene (19 hours ago, 142 views, 6 replies)
- 3 days into my new peg tube, OMG (19 hours ago, 116 views, 4 replies)
- ALS and diabetes (20 hours ago, 108 views, 6 replies)
- Going to see a doctor soon, but I was hoping someone could answer a few questions. (1 day ago, 181 views, 4 replies)
- Do I have ALS' (2 days ago, 162 views, 1 replies)
- Irritation & coughing increased after Trach change. What to do' (2 days ago, 127 views, 1 replies)
- Shout out to the past CALS (2 days ago, 140 views, 7 replies)
- A thank you to the moderatorsl (2 days ago, 140 views, 1 replies)
- mattress solutions (2 days ago, 251 views, 9 replies)
- Baclofen (2 days ago, 158 views, 3 replies)
- A Plea...An Alert... (2 days ago, 233 views, 1 replies)
- bulbar' young (2 days ago, 234 views, 5 replies)
Submitted site news
- Research, alternatives push ALS closer to a cure (22 hours 1 min ago)
- 800km wheelchair journey to Paris (1 day 10 hours ago)
- Man with ALS trains hard to help find cure (1 day 22 hours ago)
- Synthetic Biologics Inc (SYN) Upgraded to “Buy” by Zacks... (1 day 22 hours ago)
- New Studies Aimed at L-Serine as Management of Lou Gehrig... (1 day 23 hours ago)
- Voyager Therapeutics Highlights Programs in Parkinson’s... (2 days 50 min ago)
- New Ultra Small Microscope To Shed Light On The Activities... (2 days 2 hours ago)
- New brain research offers hope for those who have lost... (2 days 17 hours ago)
- Cytokinetics, Inc. Reports First Quarter 2016 Financial... (2 days 20 hours ago)
- Zacks Investment Research Downgrades Voyager Therapeutics... (3 days 1 hour ago)
Sponsorship and thanks
A very special thank you goes out to Al Pettit (ALS forum moderator supreme). Al passed away in 2012 from ALS. It's with great joy that we know Al is watching us from above. Without Al Pettit's hard work, kind nature, and thorough knowledge of ALS, this website would not be as important, or as helpful, as it is today.
Most importantly, a very big thank you to all of our moderators, heroic members and daily visitors, all of whom create a thriving atmosphere of support.