Status
Not open for further replies.
>glenn, semper fi ! 68-69 vietnam yes va is wonderfu

bad time, i was lucky 70-74

so, question for you ex Marines...you ever stationed at Lejeune? I've been wondering about my diagnosis and why....my dad is very involved in the tainted water at Lejeune. In fact I lost a brother and mother to it, and my family is the first chapter in the book written about the contaminated wells. Not that it matters, but I find it compelling some of us have this USMC background. (I was a kid when we lived there in the 60's)

>so, question for you ex Marines..

no such thing :)

That's right, as the son of one I was taught that a Marine is ALWAYS a Marine...

ok, sorry about that--but the question still holds. Ever stationed in Lejeune?

Yep, I was at Lejeune round about six months.........back in 66'.........don't remember an issue with the water. But I sure I drank many gallons of it.

God Bless us all.......................Glenn

Thanks for bringing this up. I read the report and saw that Marines at Camp Lejeune from the 1950s to 19802 were drinking and bathing in contaminated water.

They found that LeJeune Marines had double the rate of ALS than Camp Pendleton Marines.

Much admiration for you Pete. You've said what many think and feel.

I love this thread, I am set on the same course, no feeding tube, no to all interventions except bipap because it gives me sleep, I do take pain meds though very rarely, I haven't given up rather I am choosing a course that will inevitably bring me relief in the end, no lingering for me

When I use to race, I would run, bike or swim as hard as I could. When pain came I just kept on pushing and did not stop and walk or rest. I never took steroids or any other help, I just kept pushing until the finish line. I am trying to do the same through this disease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back