Status
Not open for further replies.
ALS T-Shirts

I used computer graphics and designed my own t-shirts and then used iron on transfers to put them on the shirts. I now have about 5 different shirts with different designs on them. It is very easy to do and a lot of fun too.
Gordon

I remember a time when I went on an outing with my sister Roberta. She loved going to the mall. She was a shopaholic. I used to go over and spend a day with her so her husband and son would have some time away. She wanted to treat me to lunch at the mall. So off we went, she had the stomach feeding tube and her computer. I went and got my food and hooked up her lunch. This women kept staring at Roberta. Roberta got fed up with this. She started typing on her computer, pressed the button and it said " What the matter, haven't you seen someone eat before? The women was so embarassed she got up and left. Another women came up to her bent over and squeezed her hand and said " My dear, may God bless you"

HI Cindy,

Hi there, There is never enough to get "AWARENESS" Hope it helps Don. People are cruel sometimes. We all know that! My Best to you and your family. Love, Beebe

I cannot see the shirts. When I try and open up the links I am told that I do not have permission to see them. I am signed up here on the boards so I am not sure what the deal is. But I would love to see them.

I myself also think that we have to get the publics attention and if that means shocking people into paying attention then so be it. I have been known to shock people all of my life so continuing to do so now is fine by me.

I hope I can get things figured out so I can see what your designs look like.

Thanks for sharing and for taking up the banner.

irishbull44

Keep posting and eventually you will have access.

It just bothers me immensely that after all these years there is no cure and NOBODY knows what Lou Gehrig's or ALS is, and quite frankly they could care less.

This is so true. I'm dealing with this with some our friends and family. They don't get it. I have tried to explain it to some people, and they still don't understand.

I like the shirt idea. Great way to get the word out.

Lori

Last edited:
Lori, what's so crazy about it is that 50 years ago, EVERYBODY knew what Lou Gehrig's Disease was. ALS and polio were probably the most feared diseases in the country. I guess that's because Lou Gehrig was such a hero and was so young and the disease was so horrifying ... and they made a big blockbuster movie about his life.

It will take a huge amount of work to get the awareness back, but I'm sure we can do it.

Be nice if someone could make a newer movie about ALS.

The Sue Rodrigues story with Wendy Crewson was a good one and I have seen a few others. But I agree, there should be more. I recall " Touched by an Angel" did a show about someone with ALS. I think unless you know what ALS is, you don't pay attention.

CJ, I like the shirts but this time of year they should be full on sweatshirts :smile:. Out of curiosity did you shop around on sites that make shirts? I've never done it and know nothing about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lori ... they did make a movie, "Tuesdays With Morrie" 1999. All about a guy with ALS. It got great reviews, but probably didn't get a lot of teenagers ...

Jeff,

I looked at several websites that you can create your own shirt/sweats/jackets, etc... One wanted about 60+ for the short sleeved tshirt after I created a design. Had to look further.

The final design I made cost $27.00 including shipping. That's a lot for a long sleeved tshirt, but I couldn't find anything cheaper for just one shirt. We are in the deep south. Sweat shirts are "jackets." If we have an ice storm we put on two sweat shirts!

The design is what counts. Even my "sick" brother thinks I'm sick! But what does he know, he's not dealing with it.

My neighbors had a screen printing business for the past several years out of their house, so if this shirt or design is a go , I will check with them about pricing, etc. that is if they are still doing the screen printing.

Thanks all for the feedback.

By the way, some have expressed that this is too scary for kids with those of us afflicted with this "problem."

irish this is the locale:

customink.com/designs/googleit2/9812271-2045252?cm_ven=hotlink&cm_cat=2&cm_pla=Body_txt&cm_ite=page

I posted on another site that I had purchased (FREE) business cards last night from Vistaprint web site. You get the first 250 free. I put my message and my name and e-mail. My point with it is to promote the new web site but I plan putting a message about ALS on the back. I could have had this message printed on but I wanted to do a label so I can switch it up if I want to. I can even do an extra sarcastic one for the total idiots who walk in front of me in my power chair. I also ordered a decal with an ALS message on it for my new ramp van.

Sharonca

Last edited by a moderator:
I am glad it does not say disease, i dont know why but that word makes me think of something you can catch or give to someonelse...... The skeleton dancing is a little off for me, but i am building up anger so i might be a little biased. I started off all the world is a wonderful place but i am starting to go numb just to deal with everything that is happening physically AND financially..... It certainly is a disorder that affects the whole family. Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back