Status
Not open for further replies.
I am waiting for permission from the writer to announce a famous actress has been signed to play the main character with ALS in a Broadway play opening in late 2009. I hope to hear back from him today. I think this will give awareness a boost.

AL.

I checked her website and Jane Fonda has signed to play the part in Moises Kaufman's play 33 Variations. I guess it's ok to let the cat out of the bag.

AL.

Beth- I was not even aware of these movies, I will see if I can find them so I can watch them.

Jeff- Thanks I will check it out.

There is a press release/write-up on this Broadway play. Very cool

On the T-shirt awareness ideas - there is a site called CafePress and they sell ALS awareness T-shirts. I don't know if they are part of a "store" for the site ALSAwareness but they are there. Quite a few variations of the ALS theme.

Sharonca

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys! My nephew is an artist and I know he would devote time to designing something. Also- when my sons band ordered T-shirts with their "logo" it was cheaper to go to a local shop than order online. But it does help that they are teens with passion and got the guy to wave the screenprinting fee since they already had their own design.

I like th shirts also.

Love,
Cindy

I love the t-shirts. Wonderful idea. I and others have run across a few people who think ALS is Alzheimer's. Yikes! There is a movie in the making based on the book "You're Not You". It will star Hilary Swank as a women with ALS. I believe it is due for a 2010 release.

Good job, CJ. Very creative.

I remember, AL, when the screen writer contacted this forum for ideas on how to present what it is like to live with ALS. This is the same guy, right?

Yes it is the same guy.There was a half dozen or so members that helped by doing a questionaire about living with ALS for him. I've read two drafts of the play and it sounds interesting.

AL.

Wow. This forum is making a big impact! Way to go, AL!

Got t-shirt today! It looks great!

My husband was "speechless!" :wink: He loved the shirt!

He is wearing the shirt now and has gone to straighten out a bill with the durable equipment company that we fired! He's then going shopping at Costco.

Will let you know of any reactions!

Our neighbors were doing screen printing for the local schools. I'm going to check with them and see if they are still in business, as they both teach now.

I was very happy with the way the shirt looks. It cost $27.00 to make and it's a Hane's Beefy - long sleeved. Some sites wanted around $60.00 + shipping for one shirt.

Hoping the shock value works to create enough curiosity that at least some will want to know what Lou Gehrig's is all about. And, the next time CVS or Kroger holds a fund raiser maybe they'll remember that dude in the t-shirt and donate to the ALS cause.

PS-

By the way, about the dog- turns out the dog went to a Vet's farm to be spayed. She used to be our Vet years ago. My husband went to her farm to meet with her about the dog. She remembered him and asked him in a round about way what was wrong with him. He told her ALS. She said, oh Lou Gehrig's, I'm sorry. Well, she's going to wave the adoption fee of $100.00 and all he has to do is sign the papers, they will even fill them out for him.

Thank God for the good people on this earth!

Last edited:
Hey! t-shirt got a positive response from a fellow shopper at Cosco!

A woman came up to my husband and said she loved his shirt! He then took the opportunity to ask her to donate to the Georgia ALSA!

Pretty good for a first run. Not a bust after all.

He's gonna wear to Emory Clinic appointment.

I'm going to see what else I can design.

CJ -- so glad you got such a great response ! I'm going to design something with "ALS" and wear it to the grocery store. Everybody there knows something's really wrong with me, because of my speech, but nobody knows what, and I couldn't explain it if they asked.

If your neighbor is into producing your designs, let me know. I'll be customer #1.

Brilliant idea. Crazy graphic. :)

My latest idea is a car sunscreen with ALS awareness notice on it. Then every time my car is parked there will be a message for all to read. My friend is going to make it for me - with a professional embroidery machine. It will be a cover for the fold up car sunscreen I already have. Like a pillow case! Anyone else want one? I'll try to post a picture when it is finished.

Sharonca

irishbull44

Keep posting and eventually you will have access.

Thanks for the advice I will keep at it. I would hate to make posts for the sake of gaining access to the secret hand shake and club house but I want to be a part of the cool group too so I will see if I cannot post a bit more. 8)

Cheers,

Hi Irishbull44. Good things come to those who wait but in this case a little participation is req'd. It's a bit of a pain if you're not normally one for jumping right in with questions or comments but is necessary to keep out the spam and adverts. You'll be there soon.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back