Status
Not open for further replies.
Jim and John:

Thank you so much for your support and wishes. As I have already said many times, I have the utmost respect for everyone on this forum and I wish everyone a good day today. We can all worry about tomorrow when it comes.

Pelztier86:

Thank you very much for your very clear and informative answer to my question. I absolutely do not take offence to your concern about comparisons. Quite to the contrary, that is exactly what I was asking. The only PFT I had even heard of until recently was the APFT (or insert your branch here). If I had to guess, I would have actually thought it was a reference to the stress test I had at the cardiologist's office, which of course would have made me wrong. I am quite fallible and never above asking for advice; especially when I need it. Your answer did give me a bit of relief, but from what I gather it is probably something I do need to keep a close eye on.

That test was given two weeks ago, and my respiration has only gotten worse. Also, with exertion (as in walking to the restroom with my cane) or laying down flat, it gets worse still. It doesn't just "feel" like poor respiration, but my pulse and blood pressure skyrocket at the same time. Yet, they return to normal after a short time when I return to my hospital bed in the elevated position. I returned to the pulmonologist today, and they gave me a take-home monitor to start the process of evaluation for CPAP, BiPAP, etc. support. Given the time it will take to get one, I would rather get it before I need it fully. Thank you again for your response. It was extremely helpful, and just what I was looking for.

Clearwater (Dusty?):

Wow! First of all, I apologize if I offended you.

Second, I have no idea what you are talking about regarding "buying into this thread". My word, there is a photo of me, my actual name listed, and a plethora of very specific details which I shared publicly. And aside from that, why on Earth would I make any of this up?

Third, you might want to consider reading my posts a little more closely. I do know they are very long, so I imagine it is quite possible you missed some stuff. Specifically, I imagine you missed the meaning in context. I don't think I am nuts. In fact, I am pretty darn sure that I am not. Rather, the two local clown neurologists seem to have decided that since I have PTSD, all of my conditions must be psychological. I think I made it pretty clear that I do not share their opinions, and that I am quite angry about the way they wrote me off because I have PTSD.

Again, I completely understand how you could have taken what I was saying out of context if you only read part of the post, but if you read the whole thing, then I imagine you will see that I was saying exactly the same thing as you. My anger / frustration was not even aimed at most of my doctors, but rather, was aimed specifically at those two local neurologists.

Finally, I am truly empathetic for what you are going through. I would ask that you take another look at what I have written if you have the time. Hopefully you will understand what I was actually trying to say with this clarification. If not, then there really is nothing else I can say.

Max:

I agree completely with what you said. Please refer to my comments above for any clarification.

Mediasmart:

I agree with you, but if you read carefully, you will notice I have responded several times to what have been apparent attacks against me. I completely understand why many in here are bitter and frustrated, but with that said, from many of the posts I have seen in here previously, attacking people seems to be the norm. I thought this was supposed to be a support group; not a place for people to have to defend themselves.

With that said, I again send my best wishes to everyone who responded, and to everyone else as well. I did something I rarely do, and I exposed myself, only to get pissed on by several members. I am definitely not speaking to everyone, as many of you left very helpful comments. I sincerely appreciate that. Regardless, I do not harbor poor feelings toward anyone. Unfortunately, I think this forum is not a good fit for me. I was looking for educational and moral support, and the last thing I need right now is someone attacking me. Thank you all. I hope your day is going as well as possible, and you continue to cherish every day for the positives in it.

Very respectfully,

Scott

>Unfortunately, I think this forum is not a good fit for me.

oh, well best of luck!

Bye

Scott where you going I have to talk to.you im in a similiar boat I like you my man dont leave and dont let people upset you

Thanks John. I appreciate that. I actually asked the moderators to delete my profile and this thread for the reasons you might understand. You (or anyone else for that matter) would be more than welcome to join me at the Myasthenia Gravis support group. This is not intended to be an advertisement, but I have been a member there for quite a while, and I will be there if you would like to chat. My login name is slightly different, but you should be able to find me pretty easily. I look forward to talking to you over there, should you so choose.

Scott

Last edited by a moderator:
Scott, what did the doctor say today?

Sad to say he s probably gone for good.

(Gee, all that and not a word of what the doctor had to say... today!)

Scott, you have some sincere, interested followers... don't leave them hanging. What did your doctor have to say today? Again, after all you've written... today is/was the point. Don't run off because of my opinion... everyone is entitled to one. Many probably disagreed with mine... so what? It's a Forum... hopefully of more than one opinion.

PS Your bio info sure is rather lacking in portion to all the info you posted. Is it also that lacking in the other Forum you invited others to join you at? Just wondering.

It would take balls to come back now.

I feel cheated.

After all that, we'd love to hear the outcome! (I remember praying that my husband's diagnosis would be MG).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back