• Memoriam wall
    • We've created a memoriam wall to remember our friends
    • If you know someone that battled ALS, please add them here
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have certainly been on aroller coaster ride,everything happening so quickly.You have my deepest sympathies[and I hope that as you work through your grief you find time for you and allow yourself to recover as best you can./I]
Take care of you and know you have done well caring for your loved one,sincerely,Anastasia.

I am sorry for your loss. Grief is not an easy road to travel. My advice is to find a grief support group to attend. Being around others that "truly" understand what loss feels like may help some. Here is a link that you can plug in your zip code and find one that is near you. This website also contains other resources as well. My prayers are with you as you walk this journey. Again, I am sorry for your loss but try and find comfort in the tremendous love you two shared.

Lillian I am so sorry for your loss~to you & your family. That was way too fast & I'm sure your head is still spinning from the day he was diagnosed. There's some wonderful advice here & I hope it finds you comfort somehow, someday <3

Thoughts & prayers!

>>>>HUGS<<<<

I am very sorry for your loss. Please accept my prayers and condolences!

Lillian, you have my deepest sympathies. ALS is so unfair and you you have suffered. Peace to you andyour family.

As someone who lost their mother a little over a week ago to this awful awful disease, please accept my sympathy. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

I'm very sorry, Lillian. May he rest in peace and may you find solace in knowing he is no longer suffering.

Lillian, thank you for reaching out to this forum family....I will keep you in my prayers. There is nothing but time that can lesson the pain you are going through, but reaching out to others who have the same loss as you, is a really good first step. Think about going to a a group of others in your area who have lost a loved one. I lost my best friend to cancer and a support group really helped me normalize what i was going through.
((HUGS)))

Lillian I am so sorry for your loss. I will pray for peace and comfort for you.
Laurel

Lillian
I am so sorry for your loss. Each of us caregivers dread that day too and yet we know our loved one will be finally free of the disease.

You are in my prayers!

Sooo sorry for your loss.You will never get over it. Everyday you will get a lil stronger and the hurt will get a little less. It will never stop just get easier. Just know your love is in a better place and is out of pain and not suffering anymore. Be Thankful for that today. Hope you have the very best Thanksgiving that you can:)

Lillian ~ So sorry for you loss. I too, lost my sweetheart on November 6th, our daughter's first birthday. We found out on April Fool's Day (2010) that we were expecting her and 18 short days later and my beloved got the diagnosis that would change our world and lives forever. We also have a 3 year old. I knew he was getting worse, and soo hoped he would make it through the holidays as we had many important days to our family ahead. My daughter's birthday was the same day my beloved passed. He had not opened his eyes in over a day, but when she was eating her cake in her high chair beside his bed, he opened his eyes briefly. 10 days after I lost my husband, my father-in-law passed away, and his funeral was this past Monday. We also have Thanksgiving, his favorite holiday, and now my first holiday without my best friend and love of my life. On December 2nd, our son (his pride and joy) will turn 4. On December 18th, we would have been married 7 years, and now I will spend it alone, without him, remembering the best day of my life, as a single widow mother to our 2 children at the ripe old age of 32. Then of course, there is Christmas. Somehow, I am suppose to muster something up and take care of my babies, and make the best out of these upcoming holidays, wrap presents, put a fake smile on while my heart is breaking, .. when all I want to do is run away and be by myself.

I don't know any answers to your questions, as, I too, am trying to grasp my new reality, my worst nightmare came true, and now I am lost without my best friend, my sweetheart, the one that knew me better then anyone else, my beloved, my lover, my husband, and the father of our children. I don't know how to go on. Just wanted you to know that you are not alone, having to figure out how to survive the holidays and how to go on, when your world just ended.

My husband was my world, now I don't know what to do anymore. I am lost without him.

*hugs*

~ Becca

So sorry for the loss of your beloved husband. My husband was diagnosed the same time as yours and yet he is still here, severe health complications not withstanding. ALS is such a mystery and how it affects each one of our loved ones so differently.

One day at a time. Peace be with you. I just heard about The Compassionate Friends and I will look into a support group when the time comes.

So sorry Lillian. That was so fast, I am sure you must still be in shock. So sorry.

Lillian....my heartfelt condolences to you and your family. I lost my husband of 30 years in August. For me it gets more and more difficult being without him. It's a lonely feeling which doesn't seem to go away no matter what I do. Take things minute by minute or hour by hour. I send you strength and comfort. Yasmin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back