AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience and to help support our community please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

Life

Narrowminded

Very helpful member
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
07/2007
Country
US
State
PA
Becky - huge hugs. I’m so sorry about your dad and the showdown with stepmom. Some people just do not understand what we go through and your inability to go to your Dad. I know I struggled with that situation myself. It hurts.

Nuts

Forum Supporter
Very helpful member
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
01/2014
Country
US
State
North Carolina
This week Matt's best friend and hunting buddy is here. We're sharing stories, playing on the water, and getting honey dos done. Last night he was telling me about a blog he'd found that I'd written during our last trip to Colorado. I can only think that he found one of my threads here, and he said he found it through a picture. I'm not sure how that worked, but he's the first person who has ever mentioned finding me here. Saturday we will visit Matt's row of grape vines at our local winery. I'm trying to treat the week like a vacation (or staycation). The rain can stop any time.

I have made nice with my stepsister, and am getting information about dad through her. I'm not sure my stepmother will ever speak to me again, but I have apologized for losing control and yelling at her. Even though she attacked me first, I need to have more compassion. Sigh. I guess I'm not ready for sainthood yet!! :)

Now, the rain can stop any time!!!

affected

Guru status reached
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
05/2013
Country
OZ
State
home
Becky since neither you nor your stepmother are saints, I'm thinking it's ok if you both lost it. If she can't move past that, and you have apologised, that's her extra loss.
Have a wonderful staycation week, you deserve it!

Narrowminded

Very helpful member
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
07/2007
Country
US
State
PA
Becky I agree with Tillie and really if she cannot accept your apology do you need her in your life, other than a means to speak with your Dad? Did you have a good relationship prior to this mix up?

Hugs my friend - enjoy you staycation for everything it’s worth!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock