Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting Jamiet,

I know you dont post much but it is great when you do, as you have been on this road and are living with or with out a diagnosed. ALot of people do value what you have to say. I read alot of your post way before I ever posted because you had alot of what I had including the pain. I never took pain med but I did take a ton of motrin. I now just deal with it and think of that as the least of my problems.

Let us know about your buddies and heavy metal and how it works. It may not of helped alot of folks with als, but for some of us who have all these symptoms and no diagnosed, it is possible that this could help?

Take care,

April

Jamie,

Who is Dr. Hickey?

Depends on who you ask Crystal. Some say he's a quack scam artist. Others say he's brilliant. If you've got $6000 or so to be " cleansed " then you might just believe you were helped. I probably don't have to tell you which I believe.

AL.

Learn more by doing a search " Chelation for ALS ' on the search above.

AL.

Al,
Thank you.

Wright, from everything I've read and the neuro resident (not the attending) I would have decreased or absent reflexes with polyneuropathy. I've read one or two case studies of CIDP with brisk reflexes but from what I gather, very, very rare. Your thoughts?

thanks,
gina

Yes, neuropathy will typically present with decreased or absent reflexes . . . but I think you have more than one thing happening to you (a peripheral neuropathy with something else . . . and we could speculate and speculate as to what that is . . . the neuropathy is obviously speculation too).

What were your reflexes (2 is considered normal . . . 3 is considered increased, although some neuro's will pronounce them normal, especially if found in all limbs)? Some people naturally have increased reflexes. I did see that you have jaw jerk and Hoffman, but those don't necessarily mean you have upper motor neuron death. Was the Hoffman in both hands? What about Babinski?

As I said, you obviously have something going on and many things that point away from ALS. Concentrate on those things while you go through this process.

It sounds like your neuro's are methodically making their way to a diagnosis. I wish you the best and hope you're in good spirits. Take care.

what exactly is hoffmans? Is babinski when they scap your foot? MY neuro scrapped my foot (weak one) and my big toe did not really move up or down, maybe more down. I said to her, 'hey my toe didnt move' I was watching good, she said that it did and it is just not that, that look for and gave me no further info!

thanks

april

a posative sign is when the big toe is up and the other toes fan out,in a negative response the toes would curl under.
i have posative but odd times nothing happens,i think this is because my feet were very cold.
some say if there is no difference it is a abnormal response,others say it's ok.
take care.
caroline:-D

ps. what about the hoffman?

ps. what about the hoffman?

Its the fingers I think similar to Babinski only with the hands/fingers. I just know that even though I have brisk reflexes in the arms, I don't have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back