Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
UK
State
United kingdom
City
Darlington
Hello everyone, I have come to you for advice/support as I am currently under a lot of stress about worrying about als...

Im 19, male, 6ft

The first symptom I noticed was twitching in my legs, I remember laying in bed getting this every night, I go to the gym alot so I wasnt worried, until I started getting it every night...I had a look online and I seen the symptoms of M.S, got very scared and agitated, was convinced I had it...

the next day I remember eating my dinner and my hands were trembling this got me frightened even more.

I arranged an appointment with my doctor, told her my symptoms and that I was worried about M.S... she did a few exams on me, eye sight, follow my finger, etc... said she couldnt see nothing neurologicly wrong with me but she'd put me in for an mri anyway just incase...

The MRI came back as normal which was a relief..

i was still a bit distressed/worried so i continued my search on google and saw als, i got extremely frightened seem to scare me a bit, i went to see the doctor again to discuss it, i got a different doctor he wasnt very helpful but he said he'd refer me to a neurologist which I have to wait 2 month for...

ever since then ive started to get slurry speech sometimes its worse when im anxious, im not sure if thats just a symptom of anxiety or what ?

ive done strength tests etc i am not weak i can do pushups, pull ups, hop about etc only one thing thats worrying me..

i work in a factory making parts for cars, i have to pick sheets of metal up all the time, sometimes ive gone to pick them up and 'slipped' the same when im riving something, my hand tends to slip (clumsyness) but i dont know if this is just a symptom of anxiety as well ?

I havent really noticed these symptoms till i got worried about the M.S so im just looking for some advice if anyone has any ? thankyou

Please read the stickies.

You are suffering from anxiety...first of all twitching alone is not a sign of ALS. Second of no weakness = no ALS. See your Dr's but please listen to them. Good luck to you, just know that what you have described sounds nothing like ALS.

danny please try not to worry . Your symptoms are most probably anxiety and will be heightened by more anxiety . speak to your doctor but please stop the worrying . you are so young for worry.

Thankyou so much, sorry I didnt read the stickies i'm new here, I know it must be anxiety I guess ive developed an obsession....

Will make a £10 donation to this forum cause I think its great how it can help people like me and others who are suffering, I feel for all you who are unfortunate enough to be diagnosed with it. Wish you all the best thankyou.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back