Status
Not open for further replies.
I discussed VSED with my neuro and he advised against it. He said it was a lot worse than I imagined.

I am really scared about the future, too. I have three fingers left functioning and my strength is for naught. I read here from folks who are totally debilitated and am amazed how resilient the human body can be.

I wonder if maybe I can drift along, minute by minute, and adapt, too?

Carolyn, I just have to say, I LOVE YOUR ATTITUDE! ❤️ You know best how much help you need.
Hospice when you get to your parents is a great idea INMHO. They will give you meds to increase your comfort as needed. It will be your choice how much you take and when. Hospice won't be directly able to give you advice on how to end your life but folks in the medical community know it's done all the time. As far as legality, screw it, it's your life. Please know I'm not advocating it just stating my understanding.

Wishing you more Joy!

Sherry

Thanks Johnson, it's such a relief to hear that others are feeling the same things I am. Thank you for telling me what your Neuro said....I've contacted Compassion and Choices and they made it sound like too much of a cakewalk IMHO!!

Thanks Sherry, I appreciate your input and encouragement so MUCH!!!

I think the rosy picture is painted by people who have seen people whose bodies have started to shut down naturally. They stop eating and drinking as part of the process. It is completely different from VSED in people whose organs are still working. I wish there were an easier way for PALS who want to make this choice

TOTALLY agree, Nikki, that is exactly the impression I got!! Thanks! I wish this was (at least a bit) easier too...

If you listen to your own voice, you will do your own winding down, in that same fashion, which will make whatever choice you make from there an easier one.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back