Diagnosis
04/2012
Country
CA
State
British Columbia
City
Vancouver
Hello everyone . Ken was first diagnosed in April 2012 . We've known each for a year by then. After 45 years, I finally found the man of my dreams , my Prince Charming. I told him that we would get through it together . That I would never allow ALS to take him away from me . He lost the ability to walk this past April and since he had no difficulty swallowing or breathing i thought we still have time. He ended up in hospital on Sept 19th with pneumonia and two days later things changed and he ended up in ICU . Thursday Oct 10th Ken passed away with me holding his hand till his last breath. He just turned 55 on Sept 6th . An amazing man with a smile that lit up my world.

Rest in peace sweetheart .

I am so sorry for your loss. Praying for strength and comfort for you and family.

So sorry for your lost, sending you thoughts and prayers.

My heart breaks for you and your loss. Even though these words are probably no comfort to you, I am sincerely sorry that you've lost your other half.
Sending you love.

So sorry. Sounds like you both found the right person in each other. Sending you warm thoughts. Yasmin.

I am so sorry for your loss. It is wonderful that you were with him when he gained his freedom.

So sorry. It is so hard to lose the love of your life to this horrible disease.

So sorry you didn't have more time with your Ken, your knight in shining armor. Hugs.

I'm so sorry for your loss, it's tragic.

Very similar story for me, finally met the love of my life, all our children just grown up and flying away from the nest, time to actually have a relationship just for us.

One year after we married, the bulbar symptoms started...

But still I am forever grateful that I met him and have known his love and have the chance to give him as much love and good life for whatever time we have left, making the most of what we have.

Big hugs to you

I am so sorry for your loss, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Dana

so many new names here been off for a while so sorry for your loss hugs

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. You will be added to my prayer list. Kim

So sorry for your loss but glad you were with your Ken at the end, thinking of you

I'm very sorry to hear this news. May you find some peace.

Same for me.......finally found that perfect, for me, someone. We had been married just short of 2 years.

I'm so sorry you share my story. I pray someday we both have the strength to see the beauty of what we were able to be for them, without the blinding pain.

I wish you peace.

Shelly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back