• Memoriam wall
    • We've created a memoriam wall to remember our friends
    • If you know someone that battled ALS, please add them here
Status
Not open for further replies.
Roger, I am so sorry for your loss of your wife. It was beautiful the way you made her last Christmas the way she wanted it. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sharon

Very sorry for your loss.

You did a wonderful thing giving her the last Christmas as she wanted it. And then she went on her terms.

Wishing you peace.

To be set free enfolded in such love is a blessing indeed. With deepest sympathy for your loss. B.

Attachments

• Flying Free.jpg
    Flying Free.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 260
Roger, so sorry for your loss. Real glad you had the time. Shes free now, get some rest. You deserve it. Prayers for comfort and peace for you and yours.

tc

I'm so very sorry for your loss, Roger. It sounds like you truly made your love's last Christmas memorable and special for her.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Roger, I'm very sorry for your loss - fifty-four years together is amazing. Thank you for sharing a glimpse of those days. It was very touching, and the more so knowing that it pictures the many ways our CALS care for their PALS every day.

With sincere sympathy,
Bill

Roger, I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you one day find peace. Your lady was lucky to have you as a loving CALS in her life.

I picked the wrong title for my thread. With ALS there really is no “end of the road”. At first I felt so much relief when my PALS passed. I couldn’t make myself miss the trapped person that was my wife. Two weeks later I am sure missing the girl I had before this horrible disease grabbed us. Planning for a Celebration of Life service on Saturday, we chose pictures for the video to be shown there. I assure you, there were no pictures of the last two years. Another reason it was a bad title is that the lessons I learned and am still learning show that I’m still on the road. My compassion for fellow ALS sufferers, caregivers and family included, continues to grow. My appreciation for the stories here, so honestly told and proudly owned, continues to grow. So maybe the title should have been, “sharing the road”. Thanks!

I would be happy to retitle this to sharing the road or anything else you wish. Let me know

Sorry for late note of condolence.. I find it heartbreaking to hear your story and others so close to my husbands death, so I'm not keeping a close eye here. .. What a wonderful memory you will carry of your last weeks together, doing your best to make her happy . True love, no regrets.. hoping you are surviving this very difficult stage.

Oh Roger...you are so right. We share this road and my personal experience has been that I am still drawn here even though it's been 16 months since my PALS passed away. Maybe it's because I know that you all know exactly how I feel and what I have gone through on this journey when most around me don't. I read what others are going through and how they are feeling and I feel it, I really feel it and I want to comfort them even if it's in a small way. The stories of all of the PALS and CALS heroes inspire me in life. i think I'm having a bad day and then I come here and read their stories and check myself realizing that others have real issues to deal with and do it with such grace. ALS doesn't just leave us because our loved ones have been set free.

I am so sorry for your loss, Roger. My dad passed away last year after 51 years of marriage to my mom. Give yourself lots of time to mourn and try to surround yourself as much as possible with your friends and family. Big hugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back