Diagnosis
12/2015
Country
US
State
WA
City
Seattle
Mom is now on morphine every 2 hours and oxygen 24/7 as prescribed by our hospice nurse. They think she has less than a week now - more like a few days.. but her body is young (she's 56) and her will to live is strong. She's trying to fight it.

She is sleeping most of the day now and opens her eyes once in a while. They are distant though but I believe she can still hear us. She squeezes my hand once in a while with her good arm.

One weird thing is she seems to have an outbreak of sores around her mouth and I got them too. I went to urgent care yesterday and they said it looks like some sort of virus. Quite painful. I got an antiviral and some numbing gel. My body should fight it off in a week or so but her's don't seem to be getting any better. It's awful to think she is suffering even more pain with this going on.. But with the morphine she hopefully does not feel it.

Praying for a peaceful transition for her. She will be with my dad and grandma soon and be free of this awful disease.

My thoughts are with you both, I hope her passing can now be swift and free of pain and fear xx

mary,
i'm sorry for your mother's situation but I'm praying for her to have a peaceful and painless passing.
mark

Mary, I am sorry to hear that. She will find it easier for her to pass in knowing that you and the rest of the family are at peace. Scents, music and hearing your voices telling her that can all be comforting at many levels of consciousness.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back