Husband fell head first into bathtub!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barry, sorry you had such a run-in with the dog. We have a black cat that likes to lay on the bottom step of a stairway. You can't see the stupid thing at night. She's been stepped on more than once! Its a good thing I'm always holding on to the hand rail!

Oh, my. We do have to laugh but really...my Mom has had a few trips lately too. She bruises very badly as she is on a blood thinner. And about the hearing impaired...yeah. My Dad neds a hearing aid but refuses...just says, "I hear you...sometimes I just don't want to respond" Not true...he can be in the same room with Mom and not hear her alarms. UGGGG! Very frustrating for her and me.

We have a collie that has tripped us both up a few times while "guarding" us and now my husband is very careful around her! Guess she's protecting us from those wolves!

My husband showed me a bruise on his side about the size of a small banana. He wondered where it came from. "Uh, probably that fall you took into the tub," I said. He winced his face and quietly said, "Oh."

He has remained in his recliner most of yesterday and today. Sigh...He absolutely cannot pace himself.

I wish us all the most luck we can get with these ever changing symptoms!

so sorry , hope his bruise leaves quick and , it don't happen anymore the bathroom other than stairs to me are the worst places to fall

CJ my head is hurting just thinking about it. I can only imagine how loud. Glad he is OK.

Most accidents happen in the bathroom, right? I had to laugh about his header, and at the same time, I'm glad he is okay! Andy took two, like he didn't learn the first time? The second time he fell off the toilet: his toes bent back so far the skin broke. EWWWW! Yep...the whole plethora of flame words erupted from his mouth...After that, we installed a seatbelt for him on the toilet. Worked like a charm. Drilled the sucker right into the walls behind/above the tank. Click for safety! lol! Now for my story.....he had a track/lift that took him from the bedroom into the bathroom. It branched off either to the toilet or to the shower. As I was guiding him over to the shower, I slipped and really fell hard, and sprawled flat onto the floor...it's that kind of hurt that can take you a bit to recover. In the mean time, here he is hovering over me in his birthday suit! I fell right under him. Some view! When I caught my breath, we both laughed SO hard. Thank God I was able to get up, otherwise, I do not know what his kids would have thought, coming home to see us in such a ...compromising condition!

Pam - That visual is just too funny! Thanks for sharing...hope you are doing well.

CJ
I'm glad that your husband OK after the "diving" episode.
Erica

CJ, I just caught this thread. I'm glad he's not too much worse for the fall.

You know, as much as he loves that dog, (and she's a collie to boot!) I hope he's not too disillusioned to find she's no Lassie! ... My late great golden retriever kept running one time when I'd taken him out for a run and I slipped and fell on the ice. I think it hurt me more that he didn't wait around, or go for help "Lassie style", than the physical bumps and bruises!

Ha! Rose, that's what is weird about animals, they are so unpredictable. Lassie she ain't - more like giant rabid fur ball that loves chasing UPS and FedX trucks! LOL

It must have been something in the air I fell trying to get off the toilet in the hotel at the falls, managed to walk on my knees to the bedroom after pulling up my pants, luckly my son came by five minutes later and helped my husband get me up.LOL
Barry your new picture would that be a hawk that you have seen?

Beverly, those toilets are horrible things to get up from, I am glad that you're OK. It is a little embarrassing but the only one who knows about it is your son and husband (and now us :lol:) so no harm done. Thanks to the ALS Society I have a lift chair which is cool, now I need a lift toilet :eek:

My new avatar is a golden eagle like this one. This is not my picture but we did see one soaring last Saturday on our hawk watch, so spectacular to see.

Attachments

• GoldenEagleKK06.jpg
    GoldenEagleKK06.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 330
Barry, I love birds, just the most amazing things, they are so striking. I laugh when I think of all the things that my husband and son are privy to about me. My urgency to pee, well let me say that it is urgent and sudden, so we surely have many a bladder joke in this family. We always have little jokes when we are around others that only we get.

Rose ... my fall three weeks ago (three falls ago) was feeding the cats on the patio, when my legs just gave up and I fell backwards in a great shower of kibble. bonking my head on a large ceramic pot. (The pot's OK.)

They all scattered except Rambo, who calmly started eating the kibble out of my hair. My efforts to crawl back in the house were thwarted by the fact that I couldn't roll over for some reason. (ALS?) I was desperate to get back before he got to my ears.

Beth. You be careful. I saw a CSI episode once where a lady's cats had a feast on her when she fell down. Not sure if the fall killed her or something before but the cat thing was nasty. BTW we have a cat but he's not too friendly with me. Think the chair scares him.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back