Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
CA
City
Los Angeles
Hello, first off my heart goes out to anyone with this horrible disease. I recently began to notice my middle finger twitching sporadically on and off throughout the day, occasionally my thumb as well but not as pronounced. It suddenly just jerks from side to side and on the top part of my hand i can see the skin moving. Ever since then, I've felt random twitches and jerks throughout my body...very quick and rarely in same spot.

On top of that, I feel like the right hand (and possibly left) is weaker than normal and things feel heavier, however it is more from a pain that i feel in my right wrist than from actually not having the strength. Ive played tennis, golf, and worked out since with no noticeable loss of strength. however, everytime i try and lift something or open a door, turn a key, etc I feel a pain in what feels like the tendons of that hand at my wrist. The bone is also sore to the touch. Additionally the wrist and fingers feel stiffer than normal and almost like burning sometimes. I realize that ALS is clinical weakness, but obviously that wouldn't be overnight so I would assume it comes on very slowly where it takes a while to realize clinical weakness.

I am very concerned about the possibility of ALS because of the twitching and the pain and feeling of things being heavier, so please tell me if this sounds at all like it could possibly be the very early stages of ALS, and if not please tell me why you feel these symptoms don't point towards ALS for some reassurance. I dont currently have insurance so would prefer to avoid a doctors visit unless absolutely neccessary. i did however have an EMG and NCV about 6 months ago (for a different issue) that were completely clean. Thank you very much for your time and help.

Why did you start a new thread asking the same thing? We answered your questions on the other thread. It is hard for some to keep track of different threads. they have trouble typing. I am sorry you are having such difficulty but only a doctor can really answer your questions.

I have nothing but the utmost compassion for anyone having a hard time typing, or difficulty keeping track of the threads. I wanted to add some things that were not in my original thread and it would not allow me to edit. I apologize for any difficulties a duplicate may have caused.

Also, forgot to mention that I am 31 y/o. Really appreciate any responses. Thanks

Would really love to hear if those symptoms sound familiar to anyone, as in that is how it started for them or for someone they know. Every day I wake up, I feel like my right hand is more weak, but also my wrist is more sore so I don't know what it going on. Please help calm my fears if this doesn't seem like ALS. I'm starting a business right now, but can't even focus as so much of my time is spent worrying over what is going on. Thank you very much!

Could you have arthritis or carparal tunnel in the wrist? Just throwing out a few ideas.

All the hand/wrist symptoms ( including twitching) sound like when I had tendinitis. Really. I do not have ALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back