Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree 100% agree about right to try deal. everyone should be able to try any drug they want period. sign a waiver or something and that should be good enough. the money was raised for me by friends on the gofundme.com page. it spread like wild fire on social media and so many people donated that don't know me at all. most not all can get money raised for something like this so they can try a treatment. il be updating how my treatment is going on the als news Facebook page and my own page keith miner. im hoping this does exactly what its doing in the drug trial. it's the same cells from 8-12 week old fetus from same company neuralstem. 4 injections over 3 weeks into 4 different areas of my spine. il also being doing lots of physical therapy to get the new cells acclimated to my body. there website is unistemcells.com. u can email dr. Terri liu she is the coordinator and is so awesome at answering questions u may have. tell her you have been talking to me keith miner and u would like more info they have also been extremely honest they arnt lying and saying you will be cured or anything like that. if you condition is pretty bad they won't offer the treatment because it won't help enough to really out weigh the cost. if you are not in too bad of shape then it will probably help you the longer u wait the less it will help. I just wish I knew about this 3 years ago when I got diagnosed. it irritates me so bad that the doctors here don't tell us about treatments over seas. if , I would of got this treatment back then who knows I might not be as bad as I am now and im not as bad as most patients 3 years into the disease. I feel very comfortable with WU medical center and excited to leave tomorrow and get going on this treatment and see what happens. it may help a lot it may help just a little but either way it's gonna help. they have been doing this exact treatment for 15 years and the doctors there just can't believe the U.S. is just now doing drug trials on these particular cells. the doctor was telling me I. shouldn't have to come all the way to him in China for this. he told me that these cells have been known for a long time these are great for treating all kinds of neurological disorders not curing just improving quality of life and prolonging life. he said the U.S. is way ahead of other countries on lots of things but with our fda and governments archaic way of doing drug trials it puts us way behind on a lot of other things. anyway sorry for rambling just trying to give everyone info. Just research.this in your own way, il let you know how or if it helps me but if it does that's just more proof these cells work and patients should seriously consider this treatment especially cause the Emory university trial won't be done for 5-7 more years and most of us can't wait that long. also I founded a charity called Racers Against ALS Iraise mmoney for other families battling ALS to help them financially through there battle. if this works for me im gonna work my butt off raising money so I can help others pay for this treatment. racersagainstals.com

Hell, the FDA won't even let us have approved drugs like Fingolimod which reduce progression in R/R MS by 50% ...

the money can be raised to go if u have family and friends to help raise the money. money was raised for me. gofundme.com is good for doing that. so many people donated to me that I had know idea who they were. power of social media is amazing. unistemcells.com is wu medical center website. dr. terri liu can answer all ur questions she is awesome and very honest. tell her you talked to me keith miner and would like more info. [email protected]. I leave tomorrow il be posting how the treatment is going on my Facebook page and als news Facebook page. these are the exact same cells as Emory university trial cells from 8-12 week old fetus from the company neuralstem. they have been doing it 15 years. I just wish I knew about this sooner. very disappointed that the doctors don't tell us about proven treatments over seas. I'll be there 3 weeks leave tomorrow

do you have any other proof to the "proven treatments" other than Dr. Terry Liu says so?
Have a safe trip and good results!

>I leave tomorrow il be posting how the treatment is going on my Facebook page and als news Facebook page.

best hope for success!

yes smp51 there is lots of proof. just research it, talk to doctors about fetal cells . read all the people who have been helped by these certain type of cells. Just read about the current drug trial at Emory. there is all kinds of proof u just got to read and talk to people. im just trying to spread the word about this treatment and these cells and that there is hope. I love prooving negative or skeptical people wrong. can't wait to get back and help people get these cells and treatment anywhere they want to go that does this treatment it don't have to be where im going. im going to do everything possible to raise money for others to get this. it'smy mmission to help other patients

Wishing you the very best, Keith! We All could use some good news.

I wish you the best and will be anxious to hear about your progress....hopefully you can get on this site in China and keep us posted.

FINGILOMOD hey Max do suppose you could find a doctor to write it off label

im got some messages from some of u on here but Im dumb and can't figure out how to reply to them. Just email me at km2149@ hotmail.com. I leave tomorrow and probably won't be able too respond right away and in China I might not be able to check email alot but il try and il be back June 4 & will respond for sure then

yes smp51 there is lots of proof. just research it, talk to doctors about fetal cells . read all the people who have been helped by these certain type of cells. Just read about the current drug trial at Emory. there is all kinds of proof u just got to read and talk to people. im just trying to spread the word about this treatment and these cells and that there is hope. I love prooving negative or skeptical people wrong. can't wait to get back and help people get these cells and treatment anywhere they want to go that does this treatment it don't have to be where im going. im going to do everything possible to raise money for others to get this. it'smy mmission to help other patients

I have and what I find is, In china they are not even following the limited regulations they have set there. That our doctor and the reasurch team we worked with at Mayo as of last year told us stem cell for ALS is till in it's infancy. I have read the blog of the als patient in the Emory drug trail, it is not for the faint of heart, she has had her spine opened and has got pictures of staple running down her neck, she was excited and showed perhaps small improvements, but the last I looked it had been awhile since she posted anything more than she was having a hard time of things. She is a very brave woman as this was not a simple injection of stem cells but very invasive experimental surgery! Another local ALS patient did the mexico route for stem cell therapy, I looked up the place, ALS was not on their list of cures, but apparently if you get in touch with them they suggest it might, he went, came home feeling positive and was I told by people seeing him socaily/casually he looked good(so does my husband to the casual visitor) but sense then(6mo) there are no further raves of progress from people I know who know him, they have not seen him since Christmas and his wife does not bring it up.
The only proof I have found is a few posted pictures of some happy smiling faces on a Chinese hospital web site claiming to be cured ALS patients, all better now.
I am not negative but yes, I am very skeptical. If it were only that simple, if the answer was out there we would all know! who here wouldn't give their left nut? both in fact!

there is always hope and I truly hope you prove me wrong! wishing you the very best luck and safe travels!

smp51 I don't have time for negative people like u. u r ridiculous u didn't research anything u just found a couple things. call around talk to doctors about China not sloppy Mexico CHINA. dude u really should change your outlook on ur situation and become positive and hopeful it will go along way. root for people like me rather than dog me for giving treatments like this a chance. Google ted harada and read what these cells did for him. and then actually research.. online rather than just finding 2 articles

>FINGILOMOD hey Max do suppose you could find a doctor to write it off label

checking out-of-country now ... but can't afford it w/o ins. anyway :-(

>I am not negative but yes, I am very skeptical. If it were only that simple, if the answer was out there we would all know! who here wouldn't give their left nut? both in fact

I just came from a stem cell seminar in DC -- there are possibilities like Amy Feldman's work at U of M and the Israeli scheme up at Mayo, BUT (1) Not embryonic, (2) in spinal cord not spinal fluid, and (3) the IPS stem cell volume is still unknown.

If the Chinese had cracked these, there would be worldwide publications. I recommend caution, not cautious optimism.

FWIW

do u guys realize China has been doing stem cells for 20 years? it's america that is way behind. read about It. its not a cure its a treatment to improve quality of life and hopefully extend life. btw the mayo clinic and the ips cells r implanted in the spinal fluid. even the doctors running the isreal and mayo trial agreed the surgery they were doing at Emory was unnecessary cause getting the cells into the spinal fluid is all that matters that way the cells travel through the spine not just one area..I've had several U.S. doctors tell me to go and do this and they would if it was them. 2 doctors who knows about stem cells are the ones who told me about China and the success they have with cells for all kinds of diseases. that's how I got the idea to go. most US doctors know nothing about stem cells because we r just now getting to the party. at least other countries have been trying stem cells for all kinds of neurological disorders that our country has no treatment for. but u keep believing our country is the only country that has any medical knowledge. im sorry but our fda holds everything back everything it's a complete joke. most every other country doesn't have these insane restrictions. other countries actually try to quickly get treatments available for people to try. stemcellguardian.com is great to learn what China is doing and has videos of patients showing the success they had. unistemcells.com is another where u can read about how it is helping. my guess j will be lazy and not check it out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back