Status
Not open for further replies.
Jessie,
I am really sorry to hear about your Mom, I feel your pain and can relate. I have a 4 week old baby and 2 older children (ages 7 and 4). My Mom was diagnosed 12/2011 with Bulbar ALS and has already had the PEG inserted. With my first 2 children, Mom was in the delivery room and a huge part of their lives until a few months ago. With my 3rd child, she was not in the delivery room and has been more distant. But, this is part of the disease affecting her personality, she has some frontotemporal dementia.

I do the same as you, and take it one day at a time. It is very difficult to grasp, but we go to visit her and my Dad as much as we can and the kids do make her smile more often.
God bless your Mom and your family and Congrats on the new baby.
PScheffel

Jessie, you and your mom are in my thoughts. I hope she can be kept comfortable and that you will have much more time with her and that she will be able to see that baby!

Jessie, you have so much to deal with right now--being pregnant is tough all by itself and then the emotions that surround ALS...you poor thing. try to just appreciate each day you have with your mom. she is so young and I am sure she wishes so much that she could be supporting you right now. I can tell from your posts how much you love her and I am sure she knows that too. It is good that you are trying to spend more time with her. and keep trying to get her to engage with your other kids. take lots of pictures of them together! I hope so much that she can be here for you when that baby comes.

How far along are you? I am sure you have said before but I forget.

Barbie I'm about 37 1/2 weeks now:) I think she is really excited. She's afraid she won't make it in the room in time since I labor fast but I told her I will call her as soon as I start getting contractions. Maybe this baby will give her more of a will to live, but I know she always told me that she is waiting for the baby and then she will go sometime after that. I know everyone has their own tuition, and I know the toll that ALS has taken on her but I still hope that she would have the will to live. After my girls get out of school I plan on spending alot of time w her this summer w the kids:)

Just stinks, what we take for granted every day we have to see our loved ones lose bit by bit. All she wants is to talk and eat again, doesn't even care if she can't move but just to talk and eat.

Jessie, take care of yourself as well as the others in your life, I'm so sorry that your Mom has this awful disease at a time that should be just a wonderful moment in your lives. Enjoy each moment, and videotape her with the kids! I know I only have one pic of my daughter with her Pepere, and none of my youngest with my Dad. I pray that your Mom enjoys her summer with you and the kids!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back