Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Don't understand..

You really need to stop reading until you have your tests done. The in ter net can warp the brain. And you do it unintentionally!
Go out and enjoy the day and everyday until your doctors appointment. It will do you a world of good.

No, you have 18 listed above. Are you telling me those are excerpts from others posts. I am not sure if I asked you this, but do you have true weakness and muscle atrophy or is it perceived? Are you able to still do many of the things that you could do before? You seem to type extremely well, I for one am a quad and type with my voice. Do you have clonus, what about your reflexes or a positive babinski (thank you Ted, I forget about these)? I believe your best bet is to quit looking things up and adding to your list, wait until you see your doctor again. And try not to start another thread, it gets confusing (easily done for me these days). Good luck.

As far as i am aware i don't have any actual weakness. Atrophy? In my head? Reflexes i think were okay, negative to the babinski. I am however experiencing along with the buzzing and all the other symptoms a very croaky throat and congestion. I am not ill.....

YeS, I know youRe Stressing. Stop reading people's posts, especially the ones under "do I have" because you'll drive yourself mad! Please do something healthy for your mind and body Dear. Meditate, go to church, go out with friends, read, watch a funny movie, go for walks, talk to a friend about anything but your health. I know your distresses but rather than make it worse by reading posts here, do something to make yourself feel better mentally! Take care of your anxiety! Hugs to you (yeah, go get a hug!)

Poosmum, I am confused, are you trying to get your first app with the neuro or have you seen him? If not why don't you try to get in with your primary care doc, he could check you out and maybe at least do a clinical exam? I don't think anyone is trying to be mean I think we are not understanding what doc you have seen yet, if you have not been examined yet there is nothing a neuro can say to you on the phone. I was 100% convinced that I had Als, I have tongue sensations, and some atrophy in my leg, I made myself sick convincing myself that I did have it. I understand how you feel. I can't say wether you do or dont have it, but please make yourself sick worrying. Really, get on the phone today and try to get that app. I wish you the best, kathy

Hi Poosmum

As you know things here in the UK don't work at superspeed unless you have an emergency.

To get a referral to a Neuro in the first place, you will have seen your GP. What did he say about your initial symptoms?

When is your EMG scheduled for (you mentioned that you had received the appointment)?

If things are taking longer than you can cope with, your GP would be a good place to start in getting things sped up, but alot will depend on your GPs thoughts on your initial symptom presentation.

I have had an initial appointment with the neurologist who is now sending me for an EMG on the 21st Feb. My consultant only does EMG clinics on a Tues/Sat and he's full until that date. I have been to the doctor and he said i should wait for the test, i was willing to pay ££££ to go private to get this diagnoses, its the waiting that is unbearable.

Do something besides surfing the net and this site until then. You are making yourself mentally ill by being here.

Yes waiting is awful but you have a choice - to patiently wait, keep positive and see what happens at the test OR drive yourself completely mad, researching and reading and extracting bits of information to do with other people that might match your symptoms.

Arrange another appointment with your GP - if you phone now you will get an appointment for Monday, go talk to him about your fears and he will advise you how to best cope with the anxiety this is causing you for the next couple of weeks.

For goodness sakes, it's about 2 weeks away. We here in the US sometimes have to wait 6 months for an appointment at a major clinic. And you did say no weakness, no atrophy (I meant in your limbs, but maybe there is atrophy in your brain LOL) and no babinski. If you had read the stickies you would see some of the symptoms. Like I said in your other post: Step away from the computer and LIVE. Don't worry for the next two weeks. And when you get that EMG make sure you have a list of questions ready. Now go out, I'm not a doctor, but for right now that is the prescription you need to take. And guess what, it's free!

I think you've confused my post. These sentences are ALL taken from this site, they don't refer to me. People from ALS Forum HAVE these buzzing/vibrating sensations. If you put it in the search bar, you'll have the same outcome.

Lots of people have buzzing sensations that don't have ALS. Look at any online forum that discusses neurological issues.

The PALS that made the comments that you quoted above had a lot of other symptoms that you don't have, and that's why they were diagnosed with ALS. And that's the difference between them and you.

Now, with a little investigation of my own, i found 100 posts with people ALL mentioning that they have either experienced or known of people with ALS who had experienced this weird sensation.

Lots of PALS have diarrhea and/or constipation. Doesn't make it a symptom of ALS or a side effect of ALS, but it sometimes is.

As far as i am aware, ALS is not sensory, but vibrations are sensory.... Can someone help me understand because i am really stressing here and i have a long time to wait before i have my EMG. My leg is permanently buzzing and i've had the internal vibrations for a few years now and they happen every day, worse upon waking, but noticeable enough throughout the day.

If you've been having buzzing for "a few years", what have your doctors said about it's cause. If "a few" means more than two, then it's virtually certain that you don't have ALS, because nearly half of all real ALS patients are dead within two years after their real ALS symptoms begin. By the five-year post-onset mark, 80 percent of real ALS patients are dead and fewer than ten percent are still alive. Additionally, by the two-year mark, nearly all of the surviving real ALS patients have substantial disability in one or more limbs or with their speech or swallowing.

You've stated on your other thread that you don't have any of the common symptoms of ALS -- no weakness, no atrophy, no problems with reflexes. What has changed with you that, when added to the buzzing, makes you think that you have ALS?

Someone help me out?

We are trying to help. You have to listen and stop confusing the issues with new posts about irrelevant information. You know very little about this disease and most of what you think you know about this disease is completely wrong. If you really understood what you were reading, you wouldn't be here because you would know that you don't have this disease.

There is every reason in the world for you to stop worrying about ALS if you'll just do it. Do you want to have ALS? Is that why you're being so stubborn and uncooperative?

I am literally terrified and i don't know what to do. I contacted my GP who is sending me now to a private consultant. I have none of the 'official' signs of ALS (IE... Babinski, clonus, hoffmans)... but the body vibrations (inc. jaw), twitching/buzzing/shaking/weakness (i am walking strange).. are scary enough. I wish i knew either way.

I think you are ALL amazing and my heart goes out to each and everyone of you.

I did read that one women's husband has the buzzing for 'years' before diagnoses an still had it during the illness. Several posts that i copy and pasted had these symptoms for years prior to being diagnosed.

I'm sorry, i am just really scared. Scared to the point of making myself physically sick now.

I am glad that your GP has arranged for you to see a private consultant sooner.

Without seeming rude - I hope we don't see you here again. Oh how I wish those words had been said to me and come true.

Take care & Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back