Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting how Hospice's differ. Our hospice (in South Africa) is pushing for the peg tube. They say they have never had an MND patient without one. My husband has declined one. They say it will be difficult to medicate him when the need arises.

Hospice turned me down, said I didn't need them yet, I guess that's a good thing, they asked my son if he thought I would be here in six months and he said yes, they said if I took a turn for the worst call

Our local hospice was willing to take my hubby anytime because ALS doesn't have to adher to the "less than 6 months " general rule .

Hospice turned me down, said I didn't need them yet, I guess that's a good thing, they asked my son if he thought I would be here in six months and he said yes, they said if I took a turn for the worst call

Gosh Janie, that sounds very blasé of Hospice...you just make sure you do call them if you need them...

God bless, Janelle x

Surprised me too, social worker at the clinic said it would keep me out of the hospital, the bowel obstruction was tough. I have some kind of chest infection and I'm out of medicine, I will be emailing the doctor on Monday.

Janie, that's no good. Others have mentioned chest infections of late...is it solely a part of ALS or a change in the weather I wonder?
The four of us have colds at the moment, we are in the middle of winter so to be expected.

Take care...honey and lemon until you get to sort your medicine.
God bless, Janelle x

There are bound to be more than one hospice provider in your area. Call another one.

I will call the clinic and see what they think, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back