Status
Not open for further replies.
Anxious,
You have hit a nerve. You asked the following questions in your original post:

"Hope you could answer the following questions

1.) is it likely ALS or BFS?
2.) If twitching is the first sign of ALS, how long before you experience clinical weakness?
3.) How long before I can definitely say that this is BFS and not ALS if my symptoms dont change (wont have clinical weakness)? 2 months? 3 months? or longer?"

People answered you with "go see your doctor" and your reply was that you "would go when there are signs of clinical weakness". At this point all is good. Then you say that you have an "idea" to ask us on a personal level about this disease and any comments would be appreciated.

You have been told that it doesn't sound like ALS and to see a dr, you blow it off (which is your absolute perogative to do), and now you want complete strangers to tell you about a disease that is so debilitating and affects all members of a family. This is not about wasting time, this is about a lack of boundaries. If you have been reading, you have a good idea of what our stories are; you work in the field and do people tell you their most intimate experiences at your first meeting? We support each other because we have worked at these relationships, we try to welcome those facing this difficult path, but we are also aware that sharing comes in bits and pieces. Dr goo gle produces many who panic, focus only on their issues, and want to argue. If you are truly serious and interested, then time will tell and people will share on their terms as it is their story.

Your symptoms took maybe 10 minutes to type, for many here that would take an hour, and you want them to give you their experiences? You are asking for too much from those that have to work very hard to communicate. Others feel differently than I do; and you're right, I didn't have to respond...but I did. Please don't ask questions if you are not prepared for all the answers.

I wish you peace on your journey as you search for answers.

Jen

deleted message

Last edited:
Jen...I love you:)

Okay, I can't help myself....I gotta jump on this bandwagon! Anxious, are you serious? My brother-in-law is a physical therapist. After my husband began having multiple falls and the like, he actually did a short "evaluation" of my CALS, his own brother. Guess what, he had enough education, training and intelligence to recommend an IMMEDIATE appointment with a neuro. Never once did he suggest we get on Dr. G o o g l e to get an opinion. I can only assume (scary as that may be) that you have similar training as you claim to be a physical therapist. It is highly unlikely that there are many, if any, CALS or PALS on this forum that can pinpoint the EXACT date that they began experiencing symptoms, ie., July 19th-SERIOUSLY? I'll try and remember to "play nice", but in all honesty, your initial question and subsequent posts lack any type of believability. It's highly disturbing to think that you might ACTUALLY be a physical therapist and working with patients via home health or otherwise. If you truly have the issues you described, go see a doctor.

Ruth

Has it occurred to anyone here that the best advice we could give Mr. Anxious would be to seek competent medical treatment? Just wonderin'?

You smart folks here, please keep it up; you are an invaluable help to PALS, CALS, the worried, the inquisitive, and even the stubborn.

Woo Hoo... my first "moderation sensation". In the meantime.... go see a medical professional!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back