Reason
Other
Country
Uk
State
Kent
City
T wells
hi everyone, first time I've posted, after a lot of worry, my aunts (my mums sister) died from motor neurone aged 45, The last few months, I've been having muscle twitching in my bum, legs and arms, mainly at night, I've also had pains in my back and arms and legs, had blood test done, I had slight, increase in crp but nothing else, then about a week and a half ago, my legs felt heavy, then I felt abit clumsy then my left hand has been feeling a bit weak, and not working the way it should, soldo some cramps in my toes, sometimes my words get a little jumbley. I went to my gp, she did a few test, me pull her and push her away looked at my muscles in the light, and when she touched me I could feel it, she looked at my last blood test and calcium levels were normal!? Anyway she said it's not mnd, but I can't stop worrying and my little finger feels really weird, floppy, just not right, it's got worse, since I read a article about mnd, I suffer with anxiety and it went through the roof, any advice? Thank you so much if you've took the time to read this.

Sorry about your aunt. One relative with MND makes your risk the same as the general population, meaning extremely low. If your mum does not have MND or your grandparents then please put the idea of familial out of your mind
Pain, twitching feelings of heaviness and jumbled words symptoms in legs and arms all at once are not the way MND starts. It is far more insidious. Plus your doctor examined you. Did you tell your doctor how anxious you are? Let her help with this. Btw how old are you?

Hi thank you for replying, no my mum or grandparents on my mums side have not had or got mnd, don't know about my dads side as he left when I was very young, I'm a 28 year old female, I've suffered with anxiety for the last 6 years, I take medications to help, they take the edge off but I'm still a anxious person, I have 2 young children so the thought of me having mnd breaks my heart for them, the doctor gave me a number to call to arrange for cbt therapy to help with my anxiety, so I'm just waiting to hear back, would the tests the doctor did, be for advanced mnd? Or do you think she'd spot the signs from doing the tests? Do you think I need to see a neurologist? I take it that would be the next step? Xx

honey get straight onto help with your anxiety as it can cause every symptom you are feeling. ALS does not start with the symptoms you have, but I think that you are so advanced in your anxiety that nothing we say will make much difference.

Get back to your doctor and be really honest about how high your anxiety is so that your doctor can really help you.

Please, I know this is going to be really hard, but for your own sake stop coming here and reading anything about ALS. This site will only fuel your anxiety. So just like you would pull your child back from a fire and steer them away to safety, do the same for yourself and using the internet this way.

All the very best

Plpl, since your doctor examined you and said no MND, I believe that. In fact, your symptoms did not say ALS to me. Sounds you have some problem, though, so you should partner with a doctor you trust and allow them to lead your health investigations. First up: Get that anxiety under control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back