Status
Not open for further replies.
Sharon ... can we get this on our website too ? 100 members so far, that's a lot of e-mails.

Also ... how about a letter to the editor of the Dallas Morning News? Or a press release ...

We need someone from the Dallas area to contact the paper ... how many Texans do we have on this Forum?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm asking this community to help Delb. You can read the details of his current plight on the thread "Pray for Delb".

And you will see at the bottom of that thread where I want to go with this.

If we can get the names and e-mails of people that are supposed to be helping Delb then we can inundate them with requests for help.

Like it or not - whatever he did or didn't do that we liked or didn't like - he is a member of this community and deserves our help. Just because we were irked that he didn't do what we think we would have done - does not mean we don't care about his living conditions.

I know this has to be true. I was sick at heart to read his posts and finally quit reading them. I only read the post "Pray for Delb" because that is something I can do. But it really hit home for me. We cannot always walk, talk, scream or wave our hands - but we can e-mail. We can communicate. We can be heard. Will you be the next one needing help and who then will help you?

Let's virtually stand up and be heard.

Sharonca

You can count me in.... :)

I'm pasting this from the previous thread ...

We need someone from the Dallas area to contact the paper ... how many Texans do we have on this Forum?

Traymore has two locations in Dallas, with no e-mail listed for either one. Caroline ... what is Delb's address?

thankyou

thankyou to everyone responding with your concerns.
i can not begin to tell you how badly i feel for del right now,i am trying to keep in in my thoughts but i just end up a blubbering mess.
god knows what he must be going through and feeling right now,i am afraid he will now give up his fight.
i was going to get together some email addresses tomorrow for renee at the alsa,social services and adult protection,i wont be able to get in contact with bruce till monday.
i will do it tomorrow,i am not very well right now.
i have to say that sharona has also been a good friend to del and kept in contact through emails,sharona and tryingtostayposative both sent cards last week. thankyou both so much.
hopingforcure,you are my most favourite person ever and a very dear friend.
i will be in touch tomorrow but appreciate any offers of help.
thankyou

Caroline ... hope you are feeling better. Bless you for what you're doing to help Delb.

We need a brief overview of Delb's situation. I have a name and e-mail for a Dallas Morning News blogger. That would be an easy way to start. ... send him the story and see if he'll blog it, or maybe pass it on to others in the paper for follow up.

Cut n' pasted from other forum again.

Caroline ... hope you are feeling better. Bless you for what you're doing to help Delb.

I have a name and e-mail for a Dallas Morning News blogger. That would be an easy way to start. ... send him the story and see if he'll blog it, or maybe pass it on to others in the paper for follow up. I can do this while we're working out further action.

The Traymore, 7500 Lemmon Avenue, Dallas, TX 75209. The phone number is 214.358.3131

Renee
Renee Lowery, M.S.
Patient Services Director
The ALS Association, North Texas Chapter
1231 Greenway Drive, Ste 270
Irving, TX 75038
[email protected]

above is the home del is in with the email address and renee,s details.
not sure who his social worker is.
i will try and get more details from bruce on monday as i only have his work email address.
i am not sure what we can do but i will do my damn hardest to help him,i will not give up on him and let him down.
thankyou for your help,i dont think i can cope with this on my own.

Maybe I can help Delb

Sharon,

I'm probably in a better situation to help than most of the PALS/CALS on this board. I'm in Texas quite a bit and have helped other's in Delb's situation. If you feel it is appropriate, I'd have no problem going to Traymore and advocating on his behalf. In other words, I would use my time, resources, and considerable outrage to make sure that Delb is treated humanely and has the necessary equipment at his disposal. Perhaps I could also arrange for a local advocate to check in on him regularly.

I'm here if I can help.

Stu

Maybe I can help Delb

Sharon,

I'm probably in a better situation to help than most of the PALS/CALS on this board. I'm in Texas quite a bit and have helped other's in Delb's situation. If you feel it is appropriate, I'd have no problem going to Traymore and advocating on his behalf. In other words, I would use my time, resources, and considerable outrage to make sure that Delb is treated humanely and has the necessary equipment at his disposal. Perhaps I could also arrange for a local advocate to check in on him regularly.

I'm here if I can help.

Stu

Stu ... that sure sounds like a solution to me ! Blessings upon you!

stu

you are an absolute god send,i could kiss you.
anything you can do to help del and stop his wife taking control of his care and assets would be great.
i have been trawling through my hundreds of emails from over the past months.
i knew del sent me copies of emails his wife sent him from work and that some had her personal email address on.
i was not sure if i should send her a email or not to tell her i know how she has treated him and getting him help.
what i really want to do is curse her out!
but i thought suprise her first so she does not make plans,then again she may sell his valuable collections he spent years building up like his gem stone collection among other things.
i found some abusive emails she sent him here is one of them,she is a nasty piece of work.
.....................................................................................................................................
YOU SAYS YOU WANT TO MOVE BACK TO DALLAS, SO THE ONLY TIME I CAN GO LOOKING FOR PLACE IS ON MY LUNCH BREAK, YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND ME AT ALL, I AM STRESS OUT BECAUSE YOUR ALS, I HAVE TO WORK AND HELP PAY FOR GOOD HOME FOR YOU TO STAY, AND I DO CLEAN UP AND WASH AT HOME ALL THE TIME , I HAVE TO GO TO WORK ON WEEKEND PLUS I SHOPPING FOOD FOR YOU TOO, IT IS TO MUCH FOR ME TO DO , I AM GOING TO DOCTOR THIS AFTERNOON , AND I AM GOING TO ANOTHER DOCTOR NEXT MONDAY. I DO NOT FEELING WELL, NEXT WEEK I NEED GO TO CLASS , MOST WOMEN IN MY AGE THEY ALL AT HOME , BECAUSE THEIR HOUSBAND DO NOT WANT THEM TO WORK, I AM UNLUCKY , IF YOU FRIEND LIKE TO HELP YOU, WHY THEY BLAMING EVERYTHING ON ME, EVERYTIME WHEN YOU TALK TO THEM? I KNOW WHAT IS ALS NOW, WHO EVER GETS ALS AND MAKE THEIR FAMILY MEMBERS UNLUCKY BUCAUSE THEY HAVE TO PUT UP WITH ALS .

Linda,
.........................................................................................................................................

Stu - I'm sorry I didn't think of you first. You are indeed an Angel. I say - go for it Stu.

My thoughts are that we need to find out what Delb really needs. Just to name a few...

1. His laptop.
2. His communication device
3. Info on whether he can continue to stay at Traymore.
4. Info on whether he is up to filing for divorce and trying for alimony.
5. Get info to Delb that he is not alone and continuing to be at her mercy.

Sometimes people in our lives fool us into thinking they have the upper hand when in fact they don't. I cannot imagine that someone in Delb's situation would not be given alimony. It would be such a great thing to make that she-devil pay for his rent - not to mention whatever else he needs.

I seem to remember that Caroline said something about Delb having to start paying $128 a day real soon. Can you verify that and find out what deadline we have for keeping him there if that is what he wants? It seems like a nice place if that is what he wants.

How about if we start by any of us who can still speak can make a phone call and leave a message for Delb. We want Traymore to know that he is not alone. Help is on the way! Indeed I cannot find an e-mail address for Traymore. If I can get one I will post it.

Thank you all for responding.

Again ...

The action we plan to take is - and not necessarily in this order.

1. Stu will contact Traymore.
2. Any PALS and CALS will e-mail Delb c/o Traymore - NO E-MAIL ADDRESS
3. Sharon and anyone else who can - call Traymore and leave a message of support for Delb
4. Get back to this site tomorrow and leave a message of what we have accomplished - here on this thread.
5. Caroline - can you get a message to Delb regarding Stu. I want him to know that he can trust Stu. Give him the name Stu Millheiser from ALSForums and ALS Guardian Angel Foundation.

Thank you. Sharonca

Sharon,

I haven't spoken to you in a while. If you are up to it, can we talk so that you can fill me in as to Delb's situation? I'd have no problem driving to see you if you are up to it.

Stu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back