Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you all for your time and energy. We had a very emotional weekend to say the least. If I am being honest, I really don't know how to deal with any of this, just trying to take one day at a time and still praying for a different outcome on the 2nd. My husband does not want to know much. That's why he has not googled anything....he doesn't want to know. He is very afraid. He will come to me when he is ready though. I appreciate all of your support and I am sorry for each one of the roads you are on as well.

Kelly don't stress about your hubby not wanting to search anything. I can understand your angst (my husband doesn't really want to know ) but as I'm the one with PLS I've researched when I'm ready. And he will be ready.
Sometimes searching when there's no concrete answer can make things worse. You fear the worst and it's not so bad. OR it's worse than what the internet says and you get your hopes up.
Either way your family situation is what it is.
Not long till the second. Hang in there.
God bless, Janelle x

Janelle your strength is inspiring.

Konagirl, you are not alone. Steve has been diagnosed since August and still knows very little. He wants it that way. I do everything I can to make sure we are prepared. I know he should know more about what is to come but I also know he is not thinking about his progression and is dealing with it one day at a time. On the other hand I think about it constantly but have done much better the past month. I would not want to say things get easier but the first couple of months for us CALS is so hard. The shock of it all just makes it hard to cope.

I can say that going to clinic does give them a realization of things to come. Part of that is good and the other part is sad.

My heart goes out to you and I wish you did not have to take this journey. You are in good company here and there are so many CALS that are truly an inspiration and will help you every step of the way.

Scared, very, very well said.

Kelly, just to reassure you, my strength is quite new, really. And it comes and goes.

When I'm down, I turn to the wonderful people here, who always carry me through.

God bless, Janelle x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back