Not open for further replies.
Country
US
State
Florida
City
Satellite Beach
Hi Everyone,
I have been struggling to get a diagnosis for a long time. Until 3 months ago I only showed with Lower motor neuron signs and was diagnosised with SMA. My genetic testing came back negative so I was tested for Taysacks and everything else under the sun. They then said it must be Progressive muscular atrophy (PMA). 3 months ago at my appointment I started also showing with a babinski sign and hypereflexia in my hands two upper motor neuron sign. He thinks it is turning into ALS. Reciently my weakness has been progressing faster. Does anyone know if WHEN ALS starts with PMA is the progression of the ALS any different? Do your Deep tendon reflexes turn into Hypereflexia or do they stay absent? Any other suggestions I should ask when I go back for my appointment next week? Thank you for your help with these questions. You have an am amazingly supportive extended family here.
Thank you!

I went from a diagnosis of PMA to MND. My neuromuscular doc says the progression is individual. You can have fast progressing PMA and slow progressing ALS. It all basically ends up the same, we just do not know when.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back