Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
06/2016
Country
US
State
MN
Big hugs. I’ve been through the birthday. It went great or terrible depending on how you look at it. I resigned from my old job on 5/15. The very day after old boss wrote me up for a loud argument! I think it went great!

Do something good for yourself. Make it a special day. Thinking of you :)

Narrowminded

Extremely helpful member
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
07/2007
Country
US
State
PA
Thank you Lenore. Yes you did do something good for you. I’ve been through Christmas, Anniversary and Valentines. Easter didn’t bother me so much. Valentine’s/Anniversary 16th of Feb I was a mess, but I had also just lost my Dad too, so huge whammy. This will be first BD and then first Thanksgiving and then just a couple of days after 1st year.

I’m trying to figure out exactly what to do those days.

affected

Guru status reached
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
05/2013
Country
OZ
State
home
I often have found the lead up to a 'day' of any kind was worse than the actual day. Hope you can decide on something that works for you - it all sucks for sure.

Narrowminded

Extremely helpful member
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
07/2007
Country
US
State
PA
Tillie I think you are right. I remember when DS left for University. The week before I was a complete mess, first child I was sending off etc. The actual day I moved him, I was fine. While that is nothing in comparison, it was a similar build up to something.

My first thought was to have the kids all together for dinner, so I will speak to them about that.

Have a great day all