Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking of you both tonight Christy. Pleae give us an update as soon as you have a minute! Cindy

Christy,

We are in the same place at the same time... my thoughts are with you during this time, it's harder than anything to go through this and to stay strong as you are doing. I know he is happy to be home with you and that you are doing everything to help him be comfortable, feel loved and to maintain his dignity. You're his angel, I hope that you know that your being there probably provides him a great deal of emotional comfort right now. Hold that close to your heart, the knowledge that you have done your best to love him throughout everything that has happened. No regrets

Sandy

I will be thinking of you both this weekend. Is there anyone who can help you over the weekend? I agree he is better at home than the hospital we found that the doctors did not seem to know enough/ understand enough about the disease and at one point were quite callous in their care.

I am sorry to say this but sometimes hospice see more than we are willing to see ourselves. Take care and share lots of love.

Cheryl

Oh Christy and Dave,
Please know that I also will be praying for you both tonight, and every night. I pray you get some rest and that Dave may rest also.
Hugs to you both,
brenda

Dave still running fever. Its been 5 days now and all the meds I have given him dont seem to do anything, so I went to tylenol suppositories to see if it will work. His arms, hands, and feet seem to be swelling more. He has been asking for more morphine on a regular basis now along w/ his drip.

His son was suppose to come over this weekend to spend time with him but he asked that I call him and request he not come over. That supprised me but he doesnt want to be around anyone.

I asked him if he thought he had a cold but he said no, Im just trying to figure out why he is running a fever. The cough he has comes and goes and has for months now and the hospice nurses have not said anything about his lungs.

well anyways just dropping in and thanks to all for your support.

I wish there were more I could do than just pray for you two, but am sending prayers for strength and healing and for Dave to get through this crisis.

BethU

My husbands lower legs would swell and get very hot to the touch and it helped if we elevated them higher than his heart for as long as he could handle it. My husband also had a fever like yours and I was worried he had the beginings of pnemonia but it turned out it was a bladder infection which surprised him as he felt no discomfort from it. There also was the cough but was do to the secretions built up in his throat that he would try to clear constantly.
When his legs and arm were bad I would use grape seed oil to massage them and that seemed to help allot as well as calm him down and he would nod off while it was being done.

Take care

So sorry you had a tough time in the hospital. My mother, who also has ALS had a terrible time in the hospital. I am amazed that people can go to nursing school and graduate and not know much about ALS. It is so frustrsting to me! I will pray for you during this time. May God bless you and your loved one.

christy

i am so sorry to hear dave has taken a turn for the worse,i hope you can make him more comfortable in some way.
my thoughts and prayers are with you both.

That would be great if it turns out to be something like that. I will keep my fingers crossed. I will try the grape seed oil.

Thanks

My husbands lower legs would swell and get very hot to the touch and it helped if we elevated them higher than his heart for as long as he could handle it. My husband also had a fever like yours and I was worried he had the beginings of pnemonia but it turned out it was a bladder infection which surprised him as he felt no discomfort from it. There also was the cough but was do to the secretions built up in his throat that he would try to clear constantly.
When his legs and arm were bad I would use grape seed oil to massage them and that seemed to help allot as well as calm him down and he would nod off while it was being done.

Take care[/QUOTE]

Christy,

I hope you have found a reason/solution regarding your husband's fever.

Thinking of y'all and wishing it would all go away!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back