Status
Not open for further replies.
Curtis, so much has already been mentioned. I banked my voice early on using ModelTalker. Just google it, and you'll be walked through. The company is very helpful and friendly. Now I have no voice whatsoever, so my banked voice is what I access when I type. I am so, so glad I did this. For many it's too late. There's just a window of opportunity to do this. So do it while you can. You won't be sorry!
Charlene

Nikki I wore the AFOs yesterday with much better result. No extra soreness afterwards, although the toe numbness is still there (likely only because I need bigger shoes) Actually looking forward to wearing them today to a sailor's retirement ceremony and walking almost like a healthy person. Thanks all for the new welcomes and for the advice on voice banking. I am definitely planning on looking into that ASAP.

Glad things went better. Yes you almost certainly need bigger shoes. My afo added a full size and width too. Do you have afos for both? If not Nordstroms does ( or did recently) allow you to buy a different size pair as long as there was at least a full size difference

Last edited:
Yes I have AFOs for both legs. Got bigger shoes and toe numbness is gone. Still need to find the perfect shoes, but the brace situation is much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back