How would you improve your PWC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A breakdown one, for those who cannot afford a wheelchair accessible vehicle, or the modifications for carrying it on back of vehicle. Someway to see behind you for backing up, cupholder, and elevation of seat built in, so insurance can't refuse it. Softer supports behind the calfs. Option for controls to lift the footplates up. The guy that was here about my chair said they can put a hole in the footplates for lifting them with a hook on a stick. I didn't say it, but I was thinking "and how long do you think that will really be useful?"

Karla, I like the idea of power footplates. I'm forever folding them up and down for my husband.

I hate that some insurance companies refuse the elevate function. I've seen some very strongly written justifications--I wonder if not all doctors write them equally as well. It's such a huge thing when transferring to be able to be at the same level! I think they see the elevate as a nice-to-have, rather than the safety issue that it is.

I see a lot of interest in more portable chairs that break down, but I'm afraid they wouldn't handle what PALS need as this disease progresses. On the other hand, wouldn't it be incredible if someone could design on that would do both!

i think im going to need something soon. what i have left in my hands is about gone to move the joystick.

speed o yell:)

Attachments

• 1507601_660205160698105_1531845124_n.jpg
    1507601_660205160698105_1531845124_n.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 146
I see a lot of interest in more portable chairs that break down, but I'm afraid they wouldn't handle what PALS need as this disease progresses. On the other hand, wouldn't it be incredible if someone could design on that would do both!

That was part of my plan. And turn on a dime!

Headlights and cup holder have already been tossed out.

I'd like storage. Bags under the arm rests, etc.

Here is a VERY BAD photoshop concept of my chair idea. All the above mentioned items could be added. The front and rear wheels quick release and the seat folds flat allowing it to be put in a big trunk or car back seat. It could also drive int a van and lock in.

Attachments

• chair idea.jpg
    chair idea.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 233
That IMO is a very workable design. I'd suspend the battery pack low and behind the front axle for stability. Independent drive motors on each wheel would give it a LOT of maneuverability and by eliminating the "driveline" you could actually allow the front wheels to narrow or widen.

That IMO is a very workable design. I'd suspend the battery pack low and behind the front axle for stability. Independent drive motors on each wheel would give it a LOT of maneuverability and by eliminating the "driveline" you could actually allow the front wheels to narrow or widen.

Sounds good to me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back