Not open for further replies.

kelly

Country
US
State
ny
City
saratoga springs
One of our fellow members families just donated there brand new eyemax to my husband Andrew. I have not seen him smile so much in a long time. He was able to instantly utilize his eyes to speak..navigate the web..and ring the annoying alarm to get my attention. Tomorrow we will set it up so that he can control the tv..and make phone calls. What a generous gift. We are forever grateful to Liz's family. It was so brave of them to come and meet us so soon after losing their loving wife and Mother. I am hoping that Liz is looking down on us and getting a giggle seeing my macho hubby using a pink dynavox.
Even though we live 30 minutes from each other..we met on this forum. See what a wonderful group of people we have here!

That is truly a gift on so many levels. Sounds like he is already making great use of it. There are defintely great people on this forum.

Isn't pink the new black?

Glad that your hubby got a new toy. Only a really secure man can wear pink.lol

Wow, how amazing, Rock that Pink.. I am in tears when I read this.. EL aside..... That made me think of something I read today.. It went something like this..
Our life is measured in not the things we gather, but the things we scatter...
Liz live on.. Thanks so much for the post...

i finding their are good hearted people i know who i did not think were that good hearted ....that is great news

What a kind, caring, compassionate & generous act, Pepsiman!

Yes, Virginia (Kelly), there is a Santa Claus!

I'm just glad to have somebody use it while there is still time. Liz had a lot to say that never got said just because it took so long to get the machine. I'm still a little stunned at how rapidly it all happened in the end.

Onward and upward though, today I'm searching for scholarships for my oldest 'cause I know I can't afford to pay for everything.:? Oh the joys of being on vacation from work.:razz:

That makes me so happy to hear! I urge everyone to check into if your insurance will cover one of these devices and order it now, as pepsiman says it can take a long time to get them in and the insurance processed. We had one ordered for months and mom never got to use it. It arrived the day she died, at least we were able to donate it and hope it helps others. So call your insurance company today if you haven't already even if you don't truly need it yet.

That is so wonderful. Someone gave us a wheelchair accessable van back in May so I understand your gratefulness.

This is just FABULOUS!

Great story of the family forum! Why dont they ever start off the evening news with a story like that rather than the garbage they regulary have one there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back