Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually after an epilog is says 'the end', but it seems like yours says 'just the beginning' :)

I'm happy for you! enjoy!

Theoretically, I would like to share what has transpired since the "epilog" but I think it might be too risque for this forum. I have concluded that since our sensory neurons have been spared from untimely death, they should be used to the max!

So happy for you Betsy :)

I am so sorry that you are sexually frustrated. But, under no circumstances should you approach a caregiver for sexual favours. That is way-way out of line. They are professionals and that is beyond insulting. Your best bet is in getting some sex toys.

Just so everyone knows, each one of us has a blog we can use on this site, to write more personal things.

Betsy, I think you would find your blog would have a lot of readers. :)

I think it helps too if people read an entire thread before replying to see how a situation panned out from the first post to the end :)

Sorry, Betsy. I shouldn't have went off on you like I did. I'm glad you were able to get some resolution to the situation. Also, I did read all the posts before I responded. But, for some reason the no use of your hands didn't register in my head when I mentioned the sex toys.

Love it Brad. lol

Just so everyone knows, each one of us has a blog we can use on this site, to write more personal things.

Betsy, I think you would find your blog would have a lot of readers. :)

Thanks, Mike! Actually, I am a veteran blogger and my main blog got about a half-million views to 800 posts in a couple of years. But i ran out of stuff to write about on that topic. I am now attempting, with these quickly-curling hands, to edit the material into a book.
\Maybe writing a blog on 'sex and als' would be fun. I think that i have to ask for consent of the involved man, tho, whose considerable sexual prowess and patience with me may need to be described, and he may not want that, humble guy that he is.

now sex is much better on a bigger bed. i am engaging in an effort to get a large hospital bed. a german company named hermann bock makes hospital beds in wide widths. expensive but worth it!

after i was forced by the medical system here to resort to threatening my doctor with a lawsuit if she did not write down that i cannot use a single bed, and she wrote that (a tiny victory) i now have to file an appeal with the Ministry of Health and ask them to fund a double hospital bed. i could pay for it myself but i think there is something fundamentally wrong with forcibly confining PALS in single beds where normal comforts and pleasures cannot be had.
My volunteer and I are becoming emotionally attached. maybe soon the government might notice that we are a couple. is sex a basic human right? for PALS who can manage it, i think that the precious few moments in which it is sort of possible to remember having a normal body are to be encouraged and protected. we are not dead yet!

now to continue with this saga of the relationship that began with my volunteer who could now be defined more as my boyfriend...i feel a little guilty for encouraging his involvement with me who will inevitably bring him to a heavy emotional/caring burden and to mourning. true it is his informed consent to get involved, he is experienced in caring for people, and he knows what is in store, and every loving relationship eventually ends in someone's death. but still, should i be so selfishly focused on the pleasures that i can still have, when i know that he will pay such a high price? i will also likely pay the price of not wanting to leave one more person who is dear to me. already i am devastated just by the thought of leaving behind my kids...this new person will add to my dread of leaving. on the other hand, everything in life carries risks...
any thoughts, anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back