PALS roll call Wednesdays ( or whenever)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's Thursday but checking in. I started neudexta this week. And in my third week following the Duke protocol of Lunasin and still taking riluzole. I am at my Moms and she is cooking me things I love and can still eat so I have not had to use any tube feelings for a few days because I have been eating well. I am getting those reliv supplements twice daily too though. We are planning a picnic at the Peaks of Otter for Sunday and I am so looking forward to that. Night before last I dreamed I could talk again. I do not remember any dreams since before I was diagnosed. It was such a nice dream!!

Happy Wednesday, all! I'm still here, and still kicking (albeit somewhat less gracefully). I had an interesting occurrence the other evening. I was out "deadheading" spent rose blooms and, like normal, finished with blood running down my hands and forearms due to the thorns. A neighbor came over and lamented the scratches I had received, making the comment that someone needs to develop a thornless rose.

Through the years, I've come to realize that there are those folk who enjoy the beauty of roses in a neighbor's yard and nearly always lament the fact that roses have thorns. And yet, among rosarians, the "normal" reaction is expressing joy that thorns have roses! Same plant, same visual and olfactory beauty, and yet two entirely different reactions to the same set of circumstances. I'm definitely in the group that celebrates the fact that thorns have roses, and willingly accept that those scratches will come from proper tending of the plants. Maybe it's attitude, perhaps I do tend to see life through rose colored glasses... I dunno, but I'll celebrate whatever I can and whenever I can. I pray that I'm able to cling to that attitude throughout the progression of this disease. It won't change the final outcome, but it can certainly make a difference in my life, and the lives of those around me.

Have a great week, all!!

John

Happy Wednesday all!

Happy Wednesday all. Make it the best Wednesday you can!

Vince

I sometimes wonder how Wednesday's come around so quickly.

It's really rainy here in the Tampa Bay Area, great day for a nap. Then I get to pick up my grandson from school and help him celebrate his birthday.

I have three beautiful daughters and six totally amazing grandkids: I think this world is a little brighter place for me having been here. Not a bad legacy to leave behind. I hope they have a few less thorns to deal with in their lifetime but I'd tell them the beauty was worth the pain.

Bill

Hello all, ticking over ok here.
Wendy x

Happy Wednesday! Still taking Nuedexta and for me it has corrected my swallowing problems. It has probably cut down on the saliva secretions, but I'm not sure. Hoping everyone is comfortable. Bill

hot dog, another Wednesday ! ! looking forward to some great college football games this weekend. don't think we will see any college players sitting on the bench while the national anthem is being played !

Here but more and more trouble with breathing. Wendy

I'm here. A friend and I are buying a 3/3 condo right across from the beach in Daytona Beach Shores. It's not far from where we both live now. He and I go back 26 years and taught at the college together. He took me to my first support group. He is a surfer and we have been very close, even when I was married. He has no kids and no family so we're giving it a go as roommates. We are buying the condo with the third bedroom and bath in case we need a live-in caregiver. My relatives all know him. We were a couple for 9 years when we first met but evolved into friends.

Have moved from NYC to Toronto for a few days of museum going and eating well. Starting to raise money for our local ALSA chapter via their annual walk on 9/25 (Team Ed, over $1050 so far). My walking seems to have taken a turn for the worse lately--have almost given up the cane for the rollator. But no falls.

Ed

My check in is that I am so grateful for family& friends& gleason foundation for the greatest trip to grand Tetons I could ever imagine. Yellowstone tomorrow. Pictures if I ever figure out what I do wrong sending them ? Love ya all chally

Happy Wednesday !
Hired a girl to help around the house. She is a new mom and she brings her baby with her. It is nice to have the baby here very distracting in a good way.

Cheers
Jocalyn

Another Wednesday and another month. We are doing pretty good ! !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back