New Year = PEG

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be thinking about both of you. Hope all goes well. When I had my knee replacement Rich stayed all night. Good thing too... Would have not been given the amount of pain meds needed if he wasn't with me. He kept on top of everything for me ... Great partners we have.. Just have to love them..smile! Lin

cj, I am so relieved to hear that it will not be outpatient and that you will be there to watch over him! I know exactly what you mean about them not being prepared for the snow. We moved from Chalreston in 1999 to come here-went through Atlanta and YIKES! They were in a ice storm and it was CRAZY! Just remember to go slow-don't use your brakes and slowly turn into a slide to straighten it out :] Sending you supportive hugs xo Kay Marie

NO,NO, do not turn into a slide. Steer where you want to go. No longer real wheel drive on most vehicles. They now have front wheel.

And never use cruise control if there is any possibility of ice.

Thanks guys! They've upped the snow possibility to 40% as of this AM. Haven't looked at the weather since we got home. Maybe I'll just drive with one eye open! LOL

Bad news on the swallow test! It was recommended that all nutrition be taken by feeding tube only. That pesky flap is really leaking! They allowed me to stay and watch the test. Reminded me of the "black fog" of the follies as that barium went down his throat. LOL Bad black fog - please go down the right way!

My son was picked up by my neighbor from school today and they were making hints that maybe he could spend the night Thursday and Friday (she would take him to school). If so, we will find a hotel close to Emory and maybe avoid the dangerous traffic on a snowy, icy day!

And on the FUNNY side of today's trip (you knew there had to be one)! My husband went to use the upside down dispenser of mousse-like hand sanitizer as we were leaving Radiology. The tech was trying to tell him how to push up on it, as he couldn't get anything to come out. So he tried harder, only he pushed up and sideways. LOL LMAO He sprayed her lovely, long curly hair with sanitizer! It looked like she had been standing out in a snow storm, little drops everywhere in her hair. I mean she had curly hair like Goldilocks! He was so mortified! But, she told him that if that was the worst that happened to her today, she was lucky! I wish you could have seen it! He's a laugh a minute, I tell ya!

CJ,

Good Luck ! Yes, you should write a book about your in-laws.

See, I told you he has a way with the ladies. What better way to make a good impression than to spray someone with hand sanitizer. He was just trying to make sure she didn't catch anything. You better keep you eye on him, he sounds like he is a smooth talking charmer :p

Sorry about the no food by mouth, that is awful and I am not far from that now. I haven't had a swallowing test lately but remember the black fog video well. Yummy barium!

Good luck with the operation and with the roads too!

Good luck with everything. Please take the neighbour up on keeping your son and taking him to school . That way you can go earlier and we all won't worry about you driving in the middle of a strorm!

I'm sending prayers up for you two. Take a pen and paper. The book deal is a must! Take care!

Oh! Who is going to play them in the movie? (I may have some ideas~ wink wink)

CJ! I am still ROTFLMAO-I can sooo see it! Give em the you know what my Southern Belle! Call me if you need the Monkey's-a little snow in the South doesn't scare them, they live on the frozen Prairie :]

Yes, the neighbor will have our son over on Thurs and Fri night! We will leave early, before his bus comes so we have no worries getting to Emory on time. This will be Atlanta rush hour traffic - just hoping no snow or ice on the roads!

My husband thinks I'm having a nervous breakdown about all this! I was looking to book a hotel near Emory and he came in and said "We will leave Friday morning. If we get there fine and if we don't fine." LOL I'm just a worry wart when it comes to him or our son, that's all!

He had steak tonight (a very laborious task for him to chew), as he knew this would be the last time he could really have it the way he likes it. His friend brought us some and we grilled out in the frigid weather.

He had steak tonight (a very laborious task for him to chew), as he knew this would be the last time he could really have it the way he likes it. His friend brought us some and we grilled out in the frigid weather.

Why does he think this will be the last time? Having a PEG does not prevent a person from eating.

Well, he was told no more by mouth. That is what I meant. It is too hard for him to move his jaw up an down and he doesn't have enough jaw pressure to crush the food before he swallows. Then when he does swallow it goes down the wrong way into his lungs.

What I meant was he will miss eating food by mouth. He is a great griller, and made an art of it and friends always want his recipes and technique of grilling!

Understood. He might still be safe to "mouth" some food and spit it out. This way he could enjoy the taste without trying to swallow it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back