Status
Not open for further replies.
In my case it was easier.I just went to a special DNA Laboratory, they took a sample and then after 2 weeks i knew I had Lyme DNA in my blood.By the way Lyme is a really big problem, there are very interesting sites on internet about it.

Thanks Jamie, I will have to start investigating to see if we have any labs around here. I suppose it would be worth the money on a charge card either way it turns out, right?!

Lyme Testing

Be very careful about lyme testing and treatment. Do a lot a research first before undergoing any treatment.

There is a lot of controversy surrounding lyme testing.

Bowen labs were reporting lyme in 100% of blood samples submitted?!?!?!

One member reported disastrous results following her father's treatment for Lyme. He had been diagnosed with ALS but also obtained a positive test for Lyme. Once he began the treatment for lyme his conditioned worsened dramatically.

Check for prior posts by Upila.

Upila are you out there?

Good luck and be vigilant!

Thanks, I will do research and be careful. I think I would want a positive retested too. I did read that if a person has a severe case of Lyme, the medication (antibiotics I think) make them much worse at first. Then the patient gets better, only to get worse again and need another round of antibiotics. I read that this is only when a case of Lyme has gone so far that there is neurological damage. Is this what you read also?

I think in Upila's father's case - he just got worse and worse and there was no improvement at all - they became quite desperate trying to figure out what was going on.

I think we're all desparate.

I've read this also and will definitely take that into account. That's a concern of mine, but what do you do? I've looked up the symptoms of lyme and the conversations / post on lyme sites and it's pretty amazing.

thanks for your help

Regards,

Jamie

To All The best test for lymes is a spinal tap. There are Mds that have their own labs and test test test and than treat something you dont have because more than half of them are false positive I KNOW WE ALL WANT TO HAVE LYMES ME INCLUDED but the truth is most of us, if not all of us dont! Pat

Spinal tap its not a good test-belive me.But first important thing is positive test and symptoms!If you have positive lyme test you dont have to have an active LYme.In my case the most imprtant thing were my fingers joints with some arthtris changes, but no good arthris in blood test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back