Other
Country
CA
State
ontario
City
toronto
Hi there,

I have posted on this forum about tongue twitching before.

I am 22 years old. I noticed that when i stick my tongue out, it quivers a bit...it scared me so i started really worrying about it.

I also noticed that when i hold my mouth open and look at my tongue, i can see little twitches, like little indents but i CANT feel them at all and would never had noticed if i didnt look for it?

I have no weakness in my tongue (i can tent my cheeks etc.) and no atrophy

I have felt like i have phlem in my throat the past week or two but i think its just a bit of a cold.

I have no trouble swallowing, speaking etc.

I do have anxiety and twitching in legs, hands, arms, stomach, feet etc.

is that twitchy movement of my tongue als related? i read that there is a "normal twitchy movement of the tongue" could this just be over-analying and anxiety or this bad?

if you have no other problems then twitching it is probably bfs.
bfs can effect the tongue like the rest of your body.
ask your gp to try you on some anxiety meds and see if it helps.

Hi, David ... it's my understanding that almost everybody's tongue twitches when they stick it out. This is perfectly normal. And Caroline is right ... benign fasciculations of the tongue at rest are very, very common, and they are meaningless. Relax and try not to think about this stuff.

BethU

thank you for your comments

it just scares me because now i notice them when my tongue is at rest.

it looks like little heartbeats or something all over, but i cant feel them and like i said no weakness?

I was thinking bfs as well but the tongue thing is really scaring me and it has been like this non-stop for a couple weeks...

ill be fine and wont notice and then when i look at it i get all worked up again

i have read that bfs can cause fascicuations to be constant for a period of time (hot spots)?

does the swallowing thing sound related? i just feel like i have some phlegm in my throat that i cant really swallow but no problems swallowing any food or liquids..

im really freaked out

David

The more you read and worry the worse you will feel

Your too young to be worrying about ALS its too rare in your age and your symptoms are not warranted

Have some fun and get off the forum:mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back