Status
Not open for further replies.
Christopher

I'm really sorry to hear this. There is specific legislation in the UK for the protection of vulnerable adults, and being in a hospice certainly qualifies. You don't need a court order or anything else to keep him out of the hospice; you just need to tell the staff.

If you have any problems with the staff then just refer them to the guidance from the Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals Safeguarding Adults Policy and Guidelines.

I hope this is of some help...

I'm so sorry to hear that you and your wife are going through this. We went through a similar family crisis like this when my husband's mother passed away. My SIL was an alcoholic, which intensified after her mom passed away. Within that same year, she too passed away from cirrhosis of the liver. We all have enough stress living with ALS, and then something like this rears its ugly head.

I hope your Hospice facility can maintain a stress-free atmosphere for you and your wife.

Take care.

I'd have him barred from the facility period! What a jerk. I know alcoholism is a disease--but it can be TREATED. Perhaps he will go into treatment. I'm sure there are out-patient clinics even.

Your wife has enough on her plate--sounds like you all do! Be well, Christopher!~

Off to moderation. Ban him from the place!

Maybe an alcohol counselor could help? An intervention type thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back