Status
Not open for further replies.
Art,

Have you been to a local ALSA chapter support group meeting? You might get some help there. Honestly, I don't understand why your claim is being held up if the diagnosis is ALS or PLS. Maybe some of the veterans can jump in here and help but the vets at my support group are being treated good. One was dx with PLS. They got vans, an allowance to remodel their homes, and lots of durable medical equipment paid for.

Have you hired a representative from PVA (or DAV or similar) as recommended in the sticky? I designated a PVA rep and had VA approval in less than a month after application.

Ray

went to VA for EMG and they said slight change from first EMG with this one showing slight atrophy and denervation changes. the neurologist said she has never seen anyone in the almost tens years in practice where someone lost ability to speak in 5 weeks. the ENT doctors believe its MND where signals are not reaching the muscles where I can say words. I don't know what the hell there talking about. all I know is this EMG was different . I am taking everyone's advice and also just paid to support this forum ALS/MND on a monthly schedule.

I believe there is one in spring hill, I will check it out Kim. I'm very happy for those vets who get vans and stuff but the Neuro I'm dealing with is like no other. She has a Dr. Fellow intern do the needle test and it took 2 hours to do just my left side. She wont test my right side. She is scheduling a swallow test again since sometime it feels like food gets stuck above my adam's apple and next Wensday I have appointments to redo spirometery test and see pulmonary. when I get a copy of her report and other reports after next week I will let you all know the results. BobbyRay, I do have PVA but they want a DBQ to file claim. They alsready sent in y intent to file so when I do it will go back to the 9th of December 2016. you all are great and I enjoy reading your comments. God bless you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back