Moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you everyone. Lots of packing happened today, so that was good. this feels right, so I'm hoping it is the right thing.

Hugs

Hope the closing went off without a hitch yesterday, Sue!

Yes Tillie and Jrzygrl - the closing went off without a hitch. I spent the rest of Thursday cleaning and putting in shelf liner.
Friday I had the radon people here, the dog fence people and 2 roof quotes. In between I continues my work.

Thursday night my DBIL/SIL came over and helped at the old place with packing. Late night, but much was accomplished.

Yesterday was the big move. I still have a bunch of stuff at the old place. Being 1 handed and having the pictures in there for RE, I didn't get it all done.

Today was spent mostly here setting up the kitchen and LR. I also made a trip over to the old place. I met my niece there for a couple of items she was taking. Then she loaded up her car, and I mine and we brought more stuff over here. It worked out well. Onward and upward.

Hugs

biggest happy dance Sue!!!!!!

Thank you Tillie. So far I feel very comfortable here. Still lots to figure out, but overall it feels good.

Hugs

That’s wonderful Sue! Congratulations again!

Sounds like a good move, as moving days go!

Yes, the move has been very good thus far. I still have lots of things to bring here from the old place. Thankfully I had not listed my place yet, as my broken hand has slowed me down tremendously. However, I’m getting there slow but sure. Working hard to get the boxes that are here emptied and every other day or so, going back and packing more boxes. They have to be small so I can lift them, but it works.

Found out the washer here isn’t worth 10 cents. It won’t spin during a cycle and if the load is too heavy, it won’t spin period. Thankfully I have the portable washer I bought DD for her college apt. It works very well and I really enjoy using it. I just need DS to move it into place.

The roofers should be about the end of the month, and that will take care of that. I have to reach back out to the electrician. I know he’s backed up as well.

Found out yesterday that the gentleman who was cutting the grass will no longer be doing so. I will need to work out that situation for spring.

Otherwise, life is good.

Nice that life is just about normal everyday type problems Sue 🙄😂

Time for a move update. First of all my DGF was in for a week to help me and we made a huge dent. However there are still things at the old place that need moved. Not sure where some are going to fit, but I'll get there.

Found a new lawn person, and had my grass cut today. Looks so much better. Now most of the weeds are taken care of, just need to try and keep it that way.

DS did my the washers around, so washing is going along just fine. DGF and I got shelves up in the basement to get boxes off of the floor, got the treadmill set up and now I can get my walking in. I put a small TV with a roku attached, so I can watch something while walking.

Garage is full, so no parking the car in there. One 1/3 of 1 side is all DD's things. I sent her a pic and she said wowza. I don't think she realized how much stuff she has, as it was all spread over 3 rooms at the other place.

My desk is still in the garage. It needs moved to the basement, and then I can get it set up. That will take some of the boxes out of the garage, as contain desk stuff. Lots to figure out, and lots to probably donate. Too much stuff.

Yes Tillie, it is nice to now have normal problems.

Hope all are well. Hugs.

This sounds great! Having the lawn cut is always a good feeling. And getting the desk moved will be good, once it is set up. And being able to use the treadmill is good. Sounds like a comfortable home and nice place to be!

Wow Sue, you are going great, moving is never as easy as we hope!
First world problems are definitely all I wish for you for a long time to come. Great update.

Good Morning everyone,

The old place went up for sale this weekend and according to my realtor, I have 1 offer so far. We are meeting tonight to go over it. Hopefully it’s good and I’m done. I still need to clean out the garage over there.

As for here, a lot of cleaning and some unpacking happened this weekend. So much to do. Seems so exciting at first. Plus some updating needs done, so this is another marathon. It will happen.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Hugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back