Moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sue,

That all sounds exciting! I committed to my house and have changed it a LOT because my regional market is just crazy.

Every time we think the bubble will burst, It dips a little and soars back up again! Realizing I could sell over a weekend but buying would take months I stayed with what I have.The changes I made really, really helped make it mine with many more to come.

I'll be watching the outcome of this offer/negotiation! Exciting!

Lenore I was going to go that route, but had a few misgivings. Where I live there is an HOA that is totally a PIA. There are those on the board having a power trip. Plus financially, I don't like the taxes. Not sure how real estate and school taxes are where you live, but between those and my 135/mo HOA fee, I'm close to 10K per year. Not where I want to be for retirement.

The new place, which seems like it will be a go, will cut that number by 2/3rds. I won't have an HOA. I will probably need to hire someone for the grass. I'm debating that part.

For now, we are just getting the wording straight due to some of the items and then we should have a signed doc. At which point I can do inspections. If we find anything, that hasn't been noted that would be expensive to fix, I can terminate. I don't expect that, so it should be good to go.

I believe I mentioned it will also be a downsize for me, which I want and only 3min from DS, also a huge positive. Not to mention the nice big yard for the dogs. And I'll be able to have a nice garden and may even raise a few chickens. We will see. Baby steps.

Hugs

Sue,

If I were dealing with a HOA I’d be willing to sell at a loss! Dreadful things they are! Taxes, yup I understand. Mine are reasonable because I live in a stigmatized neighborhood. I do have to pay for lawn care but it still works financially. Best wishes with the offer!

I'm on the Board of my HOA, so would not tar them all with the same brush... :)
Anyway, sounds like a great place for you, Sue! Hope it works out.

True Lauri, I am no doubt being unfair. We in property Management tend to get surly about them, but not all boards are alike and I did actually work with one pretty good and knowledgeable one in years gone by.

Good evening all,

Well we have signed contracts for the house. Now onto inspections and appraisal. If everything works out ok with those closing is scheduled for Sept 23rd. It's exciting and scary all at the same time.

Laurie - unfortunately, this is my first encounter with an HOA. I'm sure there are some that are excellent, but I'm afraid to even try another based upon this one. My other issue is if I want to plant something in my yard, that I paid for, I don't like having to ask for permission to do so. Maybe all don't have that requirement, but it annoys me to no end.

Have an amazing Sunday - Hugs

I forgot to mention, I went to a jazz concert last night with my DB/SIL. It is a group I learned through Brian when we were first dating. It was one of the jazz groups I really liked. I wasn't a huge jazz fan though. The concert was wonderful and reminded me of the good memories. It was a blessing and for once I could think of Brian and the joy we shared vs the pain of the monster. It felt great!

Hi Narrowminded..So glad you enjoyed the concert last night. The one in New York tonight certainly ran into weather problems. Fingers crossed that you are able to close on Sept 23. I too think about my house and if I will stay or move when I am alone. My taxes are not bad but I have no family here. Again, I hope you are able to close and have a place where you can garden and the dogs can be free from a leash!

That is great, Sue -- the concert and the house! It is a big shift when you can remember the good times for what they were in those moments.

Sue isn't it a wonderful feeling to remember our husbands in a way that feels good, like a solid memory we want to enjoy?
I'm excited for the moving forwards. I can't imagine dealing with a HOA, ugh. I can see good reasons for them, but so often the people on them enjoy positions of power.

Thank you Mary and Laurie.

Mary you will know what’s right when the time comes. It’s taken me almost 3 years to get to this point.

Tillie - yet it felt amazing to remember Brian in the way that I should. It definitely felt like a good change for the better and for the future.

I will keep everyone posted as things proceed with the house.

Inspections are done, just waiting on the appraisal. A couple of unknowns came up, but they won't stop me from continuing. I feel I left enough to be comfortable with these couple of items.

So I've been busy packing, packing and more packing. At the same time I am trying to donate things I don't use and should not bother moving.

Have a wonderful week all,

Narrowminded....the packing is a big job! Happy to hear that the business end of this is going mostly smoothly. September 23rd will be here soon! Maybe by the end of September you will be able to take some time off from packing/unpacking and relax!

I'm so excited for you Sue!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back