Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
kasnas
City
kansas
I have a new neuro apointment the next days its been a year since my.last one. i have not been diagnosed yet but the pain is still persistant a bit less than last year i dont know if thats good or not i have the symptoms for ablut 4-5 years and they get steadily worse...

I am a 23 yr old male and my.concern is what is the survival rate for juvenile als.

Thank you

survival rate ALS = ZERO

survival rate LIFE = ZERO

What i mean was hoq long can ylu survive

>I am a 23 yr old male and my.concern is what is the survival rate for juvenile als

ALS is a terminal illness, survival is between a few months and decades

It varies by person.

Have you read the DIHALS stickies?

No could you send me a link to them?

how do you cope with it?

I am really scared of this desease i am still strong and i cant do things bu i am really afraid of the future any adcives to relax or how did you guys cope with it i am only 23 and i am afraid

Manati I have merged this post from the second thread you started in newly diagnosed.
Please stay on one thread
Please do not start threads in subforums meant for people who are actually living with ALS
You are not diagnosed. According to you the last time you saw your neurologist you were told no ALS and given a diagnosis of anxiety. You have been told before your symptoms do not sound like ALS
The stickies are at the top of this subforum

Last edited:
I just need some information.Anxiety does not stay forever and 24/7 and make symptoms worse :(

Anxiety doesnt stay 24/7 and also its going worse so some advice or some knowledge it would help me to get ready.

Anxiety doesnt stay 24/7 and also its going worse so some advice or some knowledge it would help me to get ready.

Considering your symptoms, I think you really need to find a forum that covers pain and anxiety. You don't have ALS and you're wasting your time here--and increasing your anxiety.

Find some knowledge and advice on a site that specializes in anxiety. Good luck with your neuro appointment.

This community is for people dying of ALS, which you're not. We really can't help you here.

>Below is the link you should read carefully, slowly and completely.

That's a good one, Al. I've bookmarked it.

I exept pain i have twitches and hypereflex so i guess thats a pointer for als but i will let you know as soon i have news

I just need some information.Anxiety does not stay forever and 24/7 and make symptoms worse :(

Here is some information from a medical professional. Anxiety absolutely can stay 24/7, and always makes symptoms worse. When we are in an anxiety state, we secrete cortisol a stress hormone. It is meant for fight or flight, which is a short term incident. When people hold onto their anxiety the cortisol stays high and starts to break down the body and susceptible places become inflamed increasing symptoms, which increases anxiety. It is a vicious cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back