Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
IN
City
Valparaiso
I’m a 45 year old man with Admitted health anxiety. since about September 23. I’ve had some issues and I’m curious if they could be ALS related. It started with a weakness /pain down my right leg and into my foot. A few days later, I developed groin pain along the right side that accompanied it eventually it spread both legs mostly in the thighs and calves like a burning uncomfortable pain down into my feet and hurts the bottoms of my feet to walk on more recently I’ve developed like pain sitting in my tailbone and pain and discomfort across my shoulders especially down into my triceps. Now it seems like I’m having weakness in my right hand but I can still do everything I used to do it’s just uncomfortable And I’ll have spasms or muscle twitches throughout my legs and arms, and in the pinky and index fingers, both hands. I I read the sticky in it and it does seem like it probably not. ALS but it would definitely help a poor guy get some sleep if somebody can read this and let me know what they think. I have been to my personal care doctor and they’ve run some tests, x-rays, and bloodwork, but she said she nothing to be overly concerned about.

Sorry to be a bother but I also wanted to note I've had headaches and fatigue. I was also recently diagnosed with sleep apnea I’m 5’7 about 200 lbs and I didn’t know if that could mean anything or not. I appreciate all everyone does on this site and I’m sorry to be a bother but I’m just scared.

Sorry you are scared. As you say it does not sound like ALS as you report no failure and sensory symptoms. You also said your doctor was not concerned.

Are you using cpap ? If you are maybe it needs tweaking. If you are not you probably should be. Some lifestyle adjustments would likely help as well. Maybe some physical therapy to help you with all your discomfort.

I hope you feel better

Yes I’m using CPAP but struggling to get used to it So I have not been too regular with it. Thank you so very much for your reply and your kind words. God bless.

Don't be afraid to drop the CPAP pressure to 4 and raise it back up gradually. Also, there are different kinds of masks and since you likely have a big neck, it may take some trial and error to get the right one. on cpap.com, many masks can be returned if they don't work.

When you start getting better sleep, it will also be easier for you to lose weight. Try to keep a regular schedule and stop eating at least a couple of hours before bed.

Double-checking everything you sit and lie down in for proper support can also be worthwhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back