Diagnosis
07/2007
Country
US
State
NC
City
Raleigh
Even though I know that you are free of the monster and in a far better place, I still think of you daily and miss your wise counsel. Hope this is the greatest birthday you've ever had.

Many thoughts and prayers from my family to Christine and the rest of your family. Looking forward to seeing you again in the vale that knows no tears.

Tears.... youre such a sweety, Allen.

And yes! Today it IS Joel's Birthday! I remembered because its so close to my PALS bday.
Happy Birthday dear Joel. I echoe what Allen has said... think about you every single day and still miss the crap outta u.
But feel comforted that you are there to welcome all who have yet to arrive.
Love you Joel.
Happy Birthday.

I was just reading a post of his yesterday. Happy Birthday Joel!

Happy birthday joelc

Our Dear Friend Joel, Happy Birthday as celabrate with dancing once again.

Ditto the Birthday Wishes to you, Joel! I know you have found happiness and everyday is now your birthday!

His posts and website gave me hope when I first came to the forum.

Happy Birthday Joel, I hope you and Annie are talking it up, miss you both!

I think Joel would be surprised that so many people loved him and miss him. Toasting Joel --"Dear Joel I will never forget you."
Laurel

Gone but never forgotten.

AL.

Joel, Have a huge piece of chocolate cake to celebrate your birthday. I am sure that I speak for all of the members when I say "thank you from the bottom of our hearts" for being an incredible inspiration, a source of endless education and for your generosity in mentoring the many lives that you have touched in the past and will continue to touch in the future. Sadly "Thanks" is too small a word for a person like you who has made such a BIG difference helping those of us who feel helpless. Bye for now good friend.

Last edited:
I also miss Joel's posts, though regretfully never really got to know him. Happy birthday to someone who in dying, showed so many how to live.

Joel's spirit will always be alive on this forum. His strength, determination, modesty, humbleness and wisdom continues to serve as a model for all of us.

Joel gave me the courage to stay alive with this disease. When I was diagnosed I saw it as a death sentence. Joel showed that it was possible to have a meaningful and fulfilling life with ALS.

I joined this site shortly after Joel passed, but the wisdom of his words live on, thanks to this place. Joel touched people like me that never personally had the chance to talk with him.

He will never be forgotten. I hope his wife still visits and knows how many people share her loss and love for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back