Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes my Dad had ALS and so did his father. ALS also started in my fathers arm.

Rusty what did the neuro say? I have been thinking of you. FALS is so hard!

You're in our thoughts.

Many medical personnel have never dealt directly with an ALS patient. Got my RN in 76 and only ran into one. My local Neurologist has only run across 3 in his career and I'm one of 'em!

Well I went to the Nuero a couple weeks ago. We did the strength tests and he wacked me with his mini rubber mallet for what seems like 2 hours. All the test were pretty good. My left hand was not as strong as my right but I am right handed and it's not all that uncommon. While he was doing the exam it was pretty clear that my left upper arm was twitching and he was really consurned about it. I like the doctor I saw but i'm not sure he ever had anyone in his office that fits the profile for FALS and had some of the sympoms. The bottom line of our conversation after the exam was there is definatly something wrong. He said it could be a pinched or trapped nerve, or the beggining signs of ALS. I am to monitor my strengh in my left hand and if there are any changes we can do more tests. SOOOO I didn't learn anything I already knew and have already been monitoring my body vigilantly for close to a year now. As of latly I have been ignoring all my physical problems, and trying to shut my head off. I work out regularly and use that as a basline for my own personal strength tests. I am still hoping for the pinched nerve senerio, I guess time will tell. Thanks for reading

Someone asked me how old I was last week and I told them in 36 years I will be 72.......... I got the look from them I wanted, it was funny

Frustrating isn't it? Hang in there.

Some days I feel great...... Some days I feel beat down. I had a good workout today but now right leg is twitching like mad! I am on the verge of getting a cramp.

How long do people have sympoms of ALS and not know its ALS? I am sure everyone who has been diagnosed can go back and think about a time when something didn't feel right.

Honestly, I haven't felt quite right for decades! Always had a weird this or that going on. And then it would go away. My first symptoms of ALS was that I couldn't squeeze those little binder clips like I used to be able to do. No twitching or cramping. That was at the end of 08. I was diagnosed the first time at the end of 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back