00/0000
Country
US
State
GA
City
Atlanta
Hello,

I’m not sure if I’m in my head or not but I have a lot of symptoms I cannot ignore and am just worried sick. I have a 4 year old and am currently pregnant after doing IVF (14 weeks).

9 days ago I woke up with nonstop twitching in my right knee- since then the twitching has spread about everywhere: both legs (calves/thighs), back, maybe stomach (it’s hard to tell), both arms (mostly right), right hand, and feels like my face. Activity feels harder- I can still do my tasks but it feels like it takes more effort and my muscles just feel sore and my legs feel jello-like when I walk. No falls.

I saw a neurologist who ordered mri and emg. Emg is scheduled for a month away- mri was normal. Neuro said nerve conduction wouldn’t be necessary as emg can rule out als without causing pain during my pregnancy?. Ck was normal. Recently had all my labs checked for pregnancy and thyroid electrolytes mag all normal.

The idea that this could be ALS has me considering all the worst. Every time I think the twitching is better it starts up again. Seems to be worse at night when laying down. The back twitching is so distracting. When I flex a muscle or hold out my arm or leg I can still do it I just feel it shaking quickly, not sure if this is the same as twitching. I just feel shaky all over. Any guidance or suggestions are so appreciated. 4 weeks feels like a lifetime.

Last edited by a moderator:
Today I also woke up with a weird taste in the back of my throat, probably unrelated but it is weird

A weird taste certainly has nothing to do with ALS. Perhaps you have some pregnancy related reflux?

Twitching and feelings don’t sound like an ALS picture. Twitching is incredibly common and jello feeling and sore muscles are not the way ALS weakness presents

Even if you've had labs done, they're not definitive for B-complex and iron deficiencies in pregnancy, which are very common. If you are not on a multi (nothing mega, just RDA), I would consider one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back