Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the update Peter! I hope that Aly is not in harms way!

Aly, I hope you're all ok there!

Thanks for the link to Dark Shadows, I don't know why I even remembered that show except for the theme song.

Jellycat, I remember being the first house in our neighborhood getting a big color tv! My Dad worked as an electonic engineer, and always had to have the latest technology. All the kids in the neighborhood came over to see it. We only got 3 stations for the longest time, and then was only up to 8 stations before I finally got cable in the late 80's. I grew up in a small town, still less than 10K people here.

My daughter has just started university . She is Ok and a friend is going to try and find her. My brother is ok as well. I just can't stop crying. It's my home town, dead people everywhere.

Very sad to hear, Aly. Glad your family is fine, though.

A friend has found my daughter and taken her to his house. My poor friend has missing friends in a collapsed building.
Have not heard how my nephews are, but they should have been safe at school.
Thanks CJ

Aly, nothing we can say can help right now, but sending you (((((hugs))))) anyways.

Aly I just read the news this morning and thought about you right away. I'm glad your daughter is doing okay. I hope the rest of your family is also. My prayers and thoughts are with you!

Dear Aly, I just saw the thread, until now had no idea. I'm so thankful that you and your family are okay, but cannot imagine how horrible this is. So very sorry for all those involved.

Peter, thank you so much for the information and map, and bless you for "stopping the press" for the important stuff.

My prayers are with those who are affected by this and suffering.

Oh Aly, we've been listening on the news...just so sorry for this devastation of your home town & of so many lives. I'm glad your daughter is safe and am keeping in prayer all those searching & waiting for news. Sending you a big hug.

Aly, its horrible to see such devastation in your country... please know that we're all thinking of you and praying for the safety of all there.

Aly I'm saying prayers for the people of Christ Church. Love to you.
Laurel

Aly - thinking of and praying for you and your loved ones. So very glad you are "ok" -

We are heading back home today - should be there by Friday with stops along the way. I have had a wonderful time but am yearning for home and the animals, not to mention my own bed!

It is humbling to see how the world gets together in a disaster. The Australians have arrived to help! The amount of people dead is much more than feared. They are just leaving the bodies and spending the focus on getting the trapped people out. Lots of people are txting from where they are trapped. The aftershocks are still bringing buildings down, so prayers for the rescue teams, would be appreciated.
I desperately want to get Olivia home, but of course there is no way to reach her. She said she wants to stay, but with no power the people of Christchurch cannot see the news broadcasts, some will have no idea just how bad it is.
Some of the buildings were damaged in the quake in September, that brought them down!
Going to work today seems just wrong! It's hard to continue like nothings happened when so many people are dead and missing.

New Zealand appreciates your prayers. Thanks again :(

Last edited:
Aly, so good getting news from you. Olivia is always in prayers. As are those trapped and all the survivors. I cannot imagine how frightening this is for everyone involved. Yes, it is always weird to go about business when something so horrible is taking place. Love you dear Aly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back