Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryan MC: I might add that MMN (Multi-focal Motor Neuropathy) is distinguished by having most of the symptoms appearing on only one side of the body and having a somewhat slower progression than ALS. Could this be your situation?

Ryan, I am sorry you have to be here but you will find great friends here and also great advice. Please don't be afraid to ask questions. When my mom was first diagnosed, I found this site and asked many questions. I thought for sure people would get sick of me for asking so many questions but they made me feel so much better about everything and accepted me as part of the family.

Dana

Hi Ryan,

Sorry I did not see your post until now...How did the appt go? My Pals does go to froedtert quarterly, as I am sure you saw there are a wide team of Drs there that visit you in short time. They are more there to guide you and help you with the progression, answer any questions that come about...Let me know if you have any questions on your visit!

I am so sorry Ryan. To be struck so young saddens me. Welcome to this forum where you will find the best people who can offer you kind advice, support and humor. I pray for slow progression and peace for you. Blessings to you and your family.

Welcome Ryan,
Hope you are Ok, this is the worst part, getting over the shock. I've been diagnosed for over a year and am happy, drugs help, the stress of work is gone, take care of yourself.

Janie

Ryan,
How about an update on your condition?

Lynne

Hi,
Thought I posted a update. Sorry bout that. Things are going pretty well! Went to my first multi clinic on the 8th. Everything looks good so far. My FRS score is 36 and my FVC was 95%. So they don't need to see me for 14 weeks now unless of course something comes up that I need to see them sooner. Walking with a walker, more for the spasticity then anything. The doc did say that he thinks my progression will be slow, so that was some good news! So all in all I'm in good spirits as to where I am and where I'm going!

> So all in all I'm in good spirits as to where I am and where I'm going!

good going! remember: Don't fall and go to a medico at first sign of respiratory issue :)

-----
Max - Tuesday, August 19, 2014 4:51:50 PM
-----
onset 9/2010, diagnosed with ALS by Stanley Appel 8/29/2013
It Is What It Is ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back