What CBD Oil do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Through experimentation I've found the combo of thc and cbd works best for me. Unfortunately the hybrid chocolate bar I used is not available anymore in town.

Bought 50/50 oil and added two drops on top of thc chocolate last night. It knocked me out from 8pm until 5am and never woke up once ! Awesome

Do not try this if you have to get up for bathroom at night!

10 mg. of THC makes me very dizzy. The doctor said to split it up and get used to it because the side effects will go away. I could drink a cup of CBD (never try this) and it doesn't seem to have any adverse side effects.

I've tried the candy from a dispensary in another state. I assume the cannabis is homogenized throughout the candy. The candy comes in 100mg THC packets and each piece is 10 milligrams. I take 1/2 of a piece before bed, for sure. I never have trouble falling asleep (Remeron helps, too) but I only sleep about 6-7 hours each night without a daytime nap since I stopped taking benzos at night.

I plan on titrating my THC up beginning January 1 and dividing the doses during the day. I just put in an order at a new medical cannabis place within driving distance. They also deliver for $25.

I've heard many good things about taking the whole plant as opposed to just the CBD. During the past two days I forgot the CBD and wondered why I was getting more cramps in my feet and left leg. I took a double dose tonight.

Kim,

You should be taking whole plant, even if you don't want THC.

There are many strains which are legally hemp (<0.3% THC) and provide the whole spectrum of cannabinoids (excluding THC) and the terpenes. CW and HH are but two brands using hemp.

Avoid CBD isolates, unless fear of residual THC is paramount.

Greg,

I do take the whole plant in drops. My goal is to increase the amount of THC I'm able to tolerate. It is low THC (1/2 mg per drop). The doctor just upped it to 1 mg. per drop and wants me to work up in the total amount. I also take the candy at night.

I started about two years ago with just the Charlotte's Web and it agreed with me so I continue to take that along with the others.

This last time I asked for Indica because it's more sedating. I think the first drops were more Sativa because I got a little anxious.

I wish my system were less sensitive to weed. I smoked it a couple of times in high school with horrible results. I tried it again when I was around 24 and it was great. All I did was laugh and have fun. I can't do smoke or even be around cigarettes so I'm glad our backward State actually passed it.

More good news is my local neuro, whom I love, is attending the training sessions beginning this month because I've told him so much about its benefits. He specializes in pain management and his goal is to get many people off opioids or, at least, cut down. I was there yesterday and asked him for a urine test to see what it shows. I'm hoping it does show marijuana. Their tests are so sensitive they can differentiate between Valium and Xanax. I'm wondering if they can break some of the components of cannabis out, too. I'll have to check that out.

He also did a cheek swab to see which drugs I'm more likely to respond to and which ones I need higher/lower doses. He did that once before when he was helping me get fibromyalgia under control.

I use an oil that has 12.5% THC/ 12.5% CBD. THC has wonderful anti spasmodic properties. You don't get the full benefit from pure CBD. The combination has gotten rid of opioids and baclofen. And you do not need to take so much that you even notice a buzz. I take a larger dose at night as a sleep aid.

Vincent

Thanks so much Vincent. Baclofen is driving me crazy but I can’t do without it. I’ll give CBD a try.

Thanks so much Vincent. Baclofen is driving me crazy but I can’t do without it. I’ll give CBD a try.

be aware that he's using BOTH CBD and THC.

My sister uses CBD oil as well. We were putting the oil in a capsule but she is not able to swallow pills any longer. We were told not to put through the feeding tube because it is sticky. Wondering how you are taking the oil? We are currently mixing it with peanut butter and she is getting it down but it taste horrible. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

LSARIOL — if the oil comes in a bottle, you could consider using a medicine dropper and dropping the oil on her tongue. It will be absorbed rapidly from the tongue without her needing to swallow it. It does have a bitter taste.

If that doesn’t work for whatever reason, another strategy woluld be to drop it into some warmed up liquid and squirt that into the tube. My supplier mixes the cbd oil in honey, and I just eat it that way. However, it could easily be dissolved in warm tea.

My sister uses CBD oil as well. We were putting the oil in a capsule but she is not able to swallow pills any longer. We were told not to put through the feeding tube because it is sticky. Wondering how you are taking the oil? We are currently mixing it with peanut butter and she is getting it down but it taste horrible. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mines been going down the tube, mixed with food, for years. Ignore what they said, it came from ignorance.

EDIT: fwiw, the oil I'm taking is suspended in olive oil. But still pretty strong.

Last edited:
be aware that he's using BOTH CBD and THC.

Oops. Just had my daughter pick some up and got CBD with no THC so she wouldn’t need a card. I’ll go back tomorrow and get a card and the good stuff. In B.C. it is not legal but pretty much anyone can get it. E.g. “I get headaches sometimes.” Thanks for the clarification Greg.

I've always done mine sublingually. Mine is suspended in coconut oil and chocolate. Tastes good. Sometimes I pop a B-12 in with it and just let them dissolve together.

My oil.
IMG_2591.jpg

cw is having a sale on their oil on their website. It might be a good time to try different strengths of their oils.

doesn't cw use the whole plant? How do you ' make sure' another website is cw?

yes, CW is whole plant, not sure what you mean by the other ques. Just go to the CW webite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back