Toilet Training

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much extra height does the bidet give you?

I have a handicapped seat for elevation.

Depends on the bidet seat model you select. Some are higher than others. Truth be told, I have a handicapped toilet + bidet seat. It's worked perfectly... But last week I started getting stuck on it! Losing lift off power. We are now looking to purchase a riser that the toilet will sit upon. In the interim, if I'm to be alone for a bit, we roll my shower commode chair over the toilet and from which I can transfer quite well. Butt ( pun intended) the bidet does not work because the seat sensor is not activated. Only a butt can do that!

We have been using a bidet also. The one we got was $500-$600. It is called Bio Bidet. It really has been great. I do understand that it is expensive , but if you have to save to get it, it is worth more than every penny.
It was also a fun "party" thing one time. . We had a graduation party at my house and when people were in the bathroom, others would stand outside the door and turn on the bidet! There were a lot of screams!

We have the Brondel S1000 bidet seat installed on an elevated toilet seat. My husband cannot stand or sit on his own, but we have a sling and track that allows him to offload from his wheelchair and I slide him along the track and lower him onto the toilet. He stays in the sling as he has no core strength. The straps prevent him from falling out but he still puts weight on the seat so that it is activated. Sometime it takes a few ups & downs for me to get him positioned right, but my step daughter is able to put him on as well.(with an appropriately placed towel for modesty)

Elane, you can trick the seat sensor by putting a damp paper towel on it. You just need to locate the sensor.

Thanks! I will try that! Hope the cleansing water can reach its destination! ( did try 1/2 tennis ball - but it was too cumbersome)

Just move the damp paper around until you hear the bidet turn on. The water pressure can be adjusted on some bidets so cleaning is done, but aligning yourself over the water spray for cleaning is a bit tricky.

Oh I wish we could use a Bidet but alas no room in our tiny bathroom for my PALS to get in there. We use a bedside commode.

The wheel in commode is avail. but DH does not like the hard surface even when padded and a Bidet 'spray' wouldn't reach (I don't think) the ht. of the wheel-in chair. Plus, when miralax kicks in there's just enough time to transfer and wah-la take care of business quickly. Gloves, wipes and a couple of plastic bags work fine for us.

I stayed ahead of the game. When I had my handicapped toilet installed with the bidet seat, I had it put on a six-inch riser. It is really easy to get off of. I guess I should also say that I have extremely long legs in the end seems on my blue jeans is 37 inches. The plumber measured the height I kept my chair at when I transferred to my recliner. And that bidet seat is a lifesaver as my hands continue to worsen.

I use a wheel in chair and my bathroom is small. Finding a shower small enough to fit through the door took some time. Had to remove the bathroom to be able to get in. We do have to make sure the chair is centered over the bidet.

From wipes to bidets...training never ends ;)

Not all of us can afford a bidet, some people are renting or living with relatives or friends who are caring for them.

I agree it seems like the dark ages, but sadly I'm also stuck there, I hope the spanish inquisition doesn't find us! :lol:

Tillie

Hi Tillie, there is no need to spend hundreds of dollars for one if you don't want all the bells and whistles. There is a Biffy bidet available from Amazon for $99 (in plastic) and a chrome version for $129. They get very good reviews and are simple to install. No electricity needed.

Biffy CHROME Bidet - Non-Electric, Adjustable Flow, Attachable Toilet Bidet - - Amazon.com@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41BIdfS6RoL.@@AMEPARAM@@41BIdfS6RoL

thanks John!

now, do you know if that will work with a raised toilet seat or a wheeled commode?

my PALS can't stand up from the toilet seat now, so we have the raiser in place.

It should work with a riser as long as the riser is at the base of the toilet. I don't think it would work with a plastic spacer seat that sits on top of the regular toilet. As long as the toilet top is conventional, I don't think there would be a problem. It needs to be attached to the toilet's water supply. Email the supplier to be sure.

John

How good is the stream? Will it go from the regular toilet seat to a handicapped chair?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back