Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
nc
City
raleigh
Hey guys, My dad was telling me that the other day he saw on tv where it said something about how scientist think they have or are coming close to a cure for als? He said it had something to do with your skin? He said he saw it on an adversiment for the upcoming news program but didnt get a chance to watch the news to see what they said about it. Does anyone know what he might have saw. Has anyone heard of any news like this? Thanks.

Ashley

Ashley, it was on the Katie Couric news on CBS Thursday evening. You can probably still find it on the CBS website.

It's not a cure for ALS, but I think they talked about a development in which scientists can turn skin cells into stem cells and hopefully develop ALS therapies from there.

Thanks Glen for this. I live in Australia so even though I new about this news clip I had not seen it. I guess it will give some hope to people with early onset of MND.

Thanks guys! I was having promblems finding the thread so i started a new one in another forum. Please forgive me.

If you search the thread "watch news tonight" and go down the posts, there is the link to see the clip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back