Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi swmn!You simply amaze me with your big kind generous heart.If only thier were more people like you the world would be a much nicer place.I was impressed at your eagerness to educate yourself about als....We still have friends that have no idea what als is and some even ask is your husband getting better?One of his friends even asked my mother one day if Glen was back to work yet!Thier are still so many people who dont have a clue what als is and i cant say that i can fault them for that because before my husband was diagnosed with this awfull disease i was one of them.So in short i just wanted to say what a wonderfull thing you are doing for your friend and for als in general! Gina

just pay it forward

thanks Gina -
I just find it so hard to believe that the medical response for so long has been - " oh well - your screwed - but you should buy all this crap to help you cope..." I am also a head negotiator for a teachers' association - and I've learned a lot about the insurance / medical billing world - which only sickens me slightly more than the indifferent response from the medical field toward ALS. :evil:

This indifference coupled with ignorance in the community on what ALS even is. I don't want my friend to deteriorate any more - let alone die some horrible death that Steven King himself would be horrified... I'm not a passive person -( Can you tell?) and the only way I can help is through my friend - but I'd help all of you - no one deserves this - i guess I am stuck in the denial / anger phase knowing I'll lose my friend.

I'm not looking for a medal - just want some of the big bucks businesses to care more about ALS than their damn fat pocketboooks...

If nothing else - I want my little kids who are also close to my friend, to care about others- all of our lives are better when we try to help. No paybacks - just pay forwards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back